Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's). Discover RY Australia's premium beauty retailer. It's a heavy moist cake with lots of flavors. Spread half the mixture in the bottom of the cake tin and cover with half the sliced apple.
DIRECTIONS Whisk the eggs, slowly adding sugar until the mix becomes a light and airy. Melt the butter slowly without burning it (for example in the microwave) and let it cool down, and add it to the mixture, along with the grated lemon peel. Mix the flour, vanilla essence and baking powder and add it to the mixture.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, danish cake (betty wilson's). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's) is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Discover RY Australia's premium beauty retailer. It's a heavy moist cake with lots of flavors. Spread half the mixture in the bottom of the cake tin and cover with half the sliced apple.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have danish cake (betty wilson's) using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's):
- Take 8 oz of Chopped Dates.
- Make ready 4 oz of Chopped Glazed (Candied) Cherries.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Coarseley Chopped Walnuts.
- Make ready 1 Cup of Coarsely Chopped Pecans.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Flour.
- Make ready 1 1/2 of Teasponse of Baking Soda.
- Make ready 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of Sugar.
- Get 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Butter milk.
- Make ready 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla.
- Take 1 cup of White Sugar.
- Make ready 1 Cup of Orange Juice.
- Get of Grated Rind of 1 Orange.
- Get 1 cup of shredded Coconut.
The history for this cake originates from the small Danish town Hjallerup, Jutland which is located in the western part of Denmark. In the contest she made the Drømmekage which turned out to be so good that it won. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
Instructions to make Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's):
- In Bowl #1 add the following: 8 oz Chopped Dates; 4 oz Chopped Glazed (Candied) Cherries; 1 cup Coarsely Chopped Walnuts; 1 Cup Coarsely Chopped Pecans.
- In Bowl #2 stir together the following: 3 cups of flour; 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda; 1 Teaspoon of Salt. Take about 1/3 of contents of Bowl #2 mixture and add to Bowl #1 to coat the nuts/dates/cherries..
- In Bowl #3 mix in a mixer the following (in order): 1 Cup Butter; 1 3/4 cups Sugar; While Mixing in Bowl #3 add: 3 eggs plus the remaining ingredients of Bowl #2 then 1 Cup of Buttermilk; 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice; 1 teaspoon vanilla..
- After mixing Bowl #3 well, mix in Bowl #1 (Date/Nuts/Cherries) to uniform consistency.
- Prepare 9" Tube cake pan by greasing the pan well, then lining with aluminum foil and greasing the inside of the foil as well. Place the mixture of Bowl #3, evenly distributed around the pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 350 degrees (375 degrees at altitudes over 4000').
- While it's baking combine 1 Cup white sugar, 1 Cup Orange Juice, and the grated find of 1 orange in a sauce pan. Mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat..
- Remove cake from oven, test with toothpick to make sure it's done. The toothpick should come out clean when done..
- Remove Orange Juice (sauce pan) from heat and add 1 cup shredded coconut (Mix well) and Pour Orange Juice & Coconut Mix over cake in the pan..
- Cover the cake in the pan with foil and let stand in refrigerator overnight before removing from the pan. Keep sealed and refrigerated for best flavor and longevity. Enjoy.
Add the yeast mixture, milk and eggs; beat until smooth (dough will be soft). During our three months there we treated ourselves to all the wonderful food in that small country, which possesses the charm of the many islands and the peninsula that together make the small, toy-like kingdom. Lazy afternoons on the terrace of the old, world. Danish pastry is made of yeast -leavened dough of wheat flour, milk, eggs, sugar, and large amounts of butter or margarine. This butter cake recipe is also great for baking in shaped pans, fluted tube pans, the Wonder Mold Pan or any baking dish with fine detailing.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food danish cake (betty wilson's) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!