Coconut Custard Pie. Delicious & Easy To Follow Recipes From Woolworths. Next time, I'll try one of the baked coconut custard pie recipes I've seen elsewhere. Except for the sieve part, I followed the recipe exactly, and the pie came out very good.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the salt. Take out your blender and add milk, sugar, eggs, flour, butter, vanilla, and salt. Coconut Custard Pie is full of sweet custard, flaky coconut, and tastes like a macaroon in pie form.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, coconut custard pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Coconut Custard Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Coconut Custard Pie is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Delicious & Easy To Follow Recipes From Woolworths. Next time, I'll try one of the baked coconut custard pie recipes I've seen elsewhere. Except for the sieve part, I followed the recipe exactly, and the pie came out very good.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook coconut custard pie using 13 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Custard Pie:
- Take 1 1/4 cups of All-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Take 1/2 cup (1 stick) of cold unsalted Butter, cut into pieces.
- Take 2-4 tablespoons of ice water.
- Get 1 pinch of Salt.
- Get of For filling.
- Get 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/3 cup of cornflour.
- Take 1 cup of whole milk.
- Make ready 1 can of coconut milk.
- Get 4 of large egg yolks.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- Get 1 pinch of salt.
It's a light and delicate treat that is sure to become a dessert staple. Coconut Custard Pie is a recipe that I've been meaning to share with you for ages! For one reason or another it kept slipping my mind. This coconut pie is one of those great recipes given to me by my grandmother.
Instructions to make Coconut Custard Pie:
- In a food processor add flour, salt, and sugar. Blend well..
- Add butter, blend until mixture resembles coarse meal..
- Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons ice water. Blend until dough is crumbly but holds together when pressed..
- Transfer the dough into a dish..
- With the help of your hand press the dough to form a crumbly dough..
- Take 9 inch round pie dish and press the dough to the dish to spread uniformly..
- Pre heat oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes..
- Place a round aluminium foil over the pie dough..
- Take some kidney beans or any other kind of beans and spread over the foil to make a layer..
- Bake the pie for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges are brown in colour..
- Remove the foil with beans and keep the pie crust in the refrigerator to cool..
- Now for the coconut custard, in a heavy bottomed pan add sugar, salt and cornflour..
- Mix well and then add whole milk, coconut milk and 4 egg yolks..
- Mix well and put the mixture on stove top..
- Stir continuously and cook in medium heat until you see 2_3 bubbles appear to form, about 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat stirring constantly..
- When the mixture cools a little bit, take out the pie crust and pour the custard over that..
- Smooth the top with a knife..
- For the coconut topping, toast the dissicated coconut until light golden brown..
- Spread the toasted coconut over the coconut custard..
- Keep the dish back to the refrigerator to set the custard for about 4 hours..
- At the time of serving, take out the dish from the refrigerator, garnish with some fresh fruit, cut in small pieces and serve cool..
Coconut Custard Pie Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We're So on Board. This traditional coconut custard pie is equal parts creamy, smooth custard and chewy coconut. So comforting and delicious, it will remind you of your grandma's pie, if your grandma was a great baker and made coconut custard pie! I tried many and this one is the real deal.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food coconut custard pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!