Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, homemade flour tortillas and beef fajitas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook homemade flour tortillas and beef fajitas using 15 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas:
- Prepare of For The Flour Tortillas.
- Get 4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Take 2 of tsps baking powder.
- Make ready 2 tbsps of shortening.
- Make ready 2 of tsps salt.
- Take of Warm water or milk for kneading.
- Get of For The Meat Fajitas.
- Make ready 2 of Red bell peppers (sliced).
- Get 2 of green bell peppers (sliced).
- Get 2 of yellow bell peppers (sliced).
- Take 2 of large onions (sliced).
- Take 2 of red chillies (chopped).
- Get of cilantro or coriander leaves (chopped).
- Take of Any sauce (hot sauce, guacamole, salad, sour cream, salsa, chopped tomatoes etc).
- Prepare of Spices (Spice to your own taste).
Instructions to make Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas:
- Mix ingredients together, add the warm water or milk and make a soft dough..
- Knead it well..
- Let it rest covered for about 20 minutes, then divide the dough into 16 equal portions..
- Roll each one out as thin as you can..
- Once all are rolled out, heat a nonstick pan and place the tortillas one at a time, cooking each briefly for a few seconds on medium-high heat then turning it to cook the other side until bubbly and slightly golden..
- Don't overcook them as you need them to be soft and pliable, not crisp or hard..
- Keep the ready ones covered in a hotpot or under a towel to keep them soft..
- Serve fresh by rolling some filling in them and serving as fajitas or in whichever way you like..
- Grill the beef strips on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side or until slightly charred.
- Once beef strips are done, remove and set aside..
- Keep the meat covered to retain moisture..
- Add the oil in a sauce pan..
- Saute the onions until tender..
- Add the bell pepper strips.
- Sprinkle spices and the chopped red chili..
- Stir-fry over high heat until the bell peppers are tender and start to charr slightly around the edges..
- You can then return the beef strips into the pan and mix them with the peppers, heat everything through until sizzling hot, or serve the two separately..
- Turn off the heat and serve..
- To assemble, lay a warmed tortilla wrap, apply some sauce/salad followed by the filling..
- Roll and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food homemade flour tortillas and beef fajitas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!