Canning Homemade Salsa.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, canning homemade salsa. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Canning Homemade Salsa is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Canning Homemade Salsa is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have canning homemade salsa using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Canning Homemade Salsa:
- Take 20 each of tomatoes.
- Make ready 4 each of onion.
- Make ready 3 each of green bell peppers.
- Prepare 11 each of cayenne peppers.
- Get 3 each of jalapeno peppers.
- Take 2 tbsp of salt.
- Take 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Take 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Take 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Make ready 1 can of tomato sauce (8 oz.).
- Take 2 can of tomato paste (6 oz. ea).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
Steps to make Canning Homemade Salsa:
- Peel and chop tomatoes, onions, peppers, cayenne and jalapeños (I use a food processor and puree everything).
- In a cup of water mix tomato paste and sauce.
- Combine all ingredients in a large cook pot or canner ( I use an aluminum dish pan).
- Bring to a boil for 10- 15 minutes.
- While salsa is cooking wash and scald 11 pint jars, rings and lids..
- When cooking is complete, pour salsa in jars placing a lid and ring on each.
- Let cool, listening for the tell tale pop of the lid, insuring the jars have sealed..
- Wipe off jars, remove rings and store in pantry.
- Makes about 11 pints.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food canning homemade salsa recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!