Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork. Cooking pork with Dr Pepper is bizarre, I know. It came to me in a vision. The meat should easily be pulled apart with a fork; if you meet with any resistance, just put the lid.
The good part about this Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork is that you can also cook. Pepper pulled pork recipe is simple and delicious. We love the convenience of making this in the Instant Pot.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, dr pepper smokey pulled pork. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Cooking pork with Dr Pepper is bizarre, I know. It came to me in a vision. The meat should easily be pulled apart with a fork; if you meet with any resistance, just put the lid.
Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have dr pepper smokey pulled pork using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork:
- Prepare of Dry rub.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- Take 2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 2 tbsp of sea salt.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp of dry mustard (English).
- Prepare 2 tsp of thyme.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of soft dark brown sugar.
- Prepare of for the pork.
- Take 2 1/2 kg of pork, boned shoulder, skin removed.
- Take 1 of onion, peeled.
- Make ready 500 ml of Dr Pepper.
It cooks up so fast and the pork comes out moist and full of flavor. A simple and tasty pulled pork recipe made with pork tenderloin, BBQ sauce, and Dr Pepper®. Pepper Pulled Pork is sweet and spicy with brown sugar, maraschino cherries and candied jalapenos. Perfect for dinners or in This Spicy Dr Pepper Pulled Pork Sandwiches recipe is a fun twist on your favorite summertime comfort food.
Steps to make Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork:
- Place all rub ingredients in a bowl or screw topped jar, mix well..
- Put pork on large plate, rub in half of spice mix, ensure even coat rubbing into any cavities. Wrap tightly in cling film, place in fridge for at least 2 hours, overnight is better!.
- Preheat oven to 150C /130C fan oven..
- Slice onion into thin wedges and place in bottom of a casserole with a tight fitting lid..
- Rub pork with remaining spice mix, place pork on top of onions, pour in Dr Pepper, put on lid..
- Place in oven and cook for 5 hours, turning after 2 & 4 hours..
- Remove pork from pan and check if cooked and shreds easily, if not return to oven for further hour..
- Allow pork to rest,covered in foil, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile skim fat from cooking liquor, at this point you can remove onion if not using later. Put liquor in a pan, boil and reduce by half..
- Shred the pork with two forks, removing any fat and gristle..
- Return pork to pan, add cooking liquor (& onions if using) and heat through..
- If you don't have smoked paprika, use paprika and add 1 -2 teaspoons liquid smoke at step 5, (adjust amount to your own taste).
- Serve in warm rolls or wraps with coleslaw and / or salad. You can add your favourite barbecue sauce, but this recipe is moist and spicy enough.
- You can cook this recipe in a slow cooker(crockpot) on low for 6 -8 hours or high for 3-4. then follow steps 7 to 13..
- You can substitute your favourite Cola drink in place of Dr Pepper..
We'll show you how to make it at home. BBQ Pulled Pork Pineapple & Banana Pepper Pizza. Pour in canned chipotle chiles, brown sugar and Dr. I'm planning to do some pulled pork over this weekend, and I've been looking for recipes, and I'm very surprised the "standard" one uses Dr Pepper (or Coke). I'm not really used to cook with that and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food dr pepper smokey pulled pork recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!