Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Nostalgic Pickled Cucumbers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Nostalgic Pickled Cucumbers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Vitality.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. When we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the bad ones we usually feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. This is usually a problem, however, in terms of eating between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Whole grain foods are an superb choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be fantastic for quick treats to eat on the go. Make the shift from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthier doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to nostalgic pickled cucumbers recipe. To make nostalgic pickled cucumbers you only need 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Nostalgic Pickled Cucumbers:
- Get 3 of Cucumbers.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Use 1 dash of Ra-yu.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
Instructions to make Nostalgic Pickled Cucumbers:
- Slice the cucumbers about 2 cm thick. Sprinkle evenly with salt to draw out the moisture, and put into a plastic container or ziplock bag..
- Drain off the moisture after 30 minutes. Mix with soy sauce, ra-yu and sesame oil. (Adjust the amounts to taste!).
- It will be mildly spicy at this point, so if you want it spicier add the dried chili pepper, de-seeded and ripped up. (If you add the seeds it will become spicy!).
- Cover the cucumber with plastic wrap and put a weight on top. If you use a plate, you can put other items in the refrigerator on top of it to act as additional weights..
- Leave to rest in the refrigerator overnight before serving..
Kosher, as all good New York style deli pickles should be, gluten free and a Product of Australia, these pickles tick all the boxes for taste, tradition and nutrition. Cut the cucumbers into approximately ½ inch rounds and place them in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle the cucumbers with the salt and gently mix. Pour the salted cucumbers into a strainer and drain and rinse them with cold water. Boil your jars for making pickles or wash with boiled water.
If you find this Nostalgic Pickled Cucumbers recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.