Thai Style Lettuce Wraps.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, thai style lettuce wraps. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Thai Style Lettuce Wraps is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Thai Style Lettuce Wraps is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook thai style lettuce wraps using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Style Lettuce Wraps:
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Get of ground chicken or ground turkey.
- Prepare of diced mushrooms.
- Prepare of finely diced onion.
- Take of garlic, minced.
- Get of small zucchini, sliced into coins, then quartered.
- Take of small carrot, peeled and shredded.
- Make ready of natural peanut butter.
- Prepare of soy sauce, reduced sodium recommended.
- Make ready of rice vinegar.
- Get of water.
- Take of brown sugar.
- Take of lime juice.
- Make ready of sesame oil.
- Prepare of sriracha.
- Get of pepper, ground ginger, dried basil.
- Take of For lettuce wraps, good ones to use are :.
- Get of ·Romaine Lettuce.
- Make ready of ·Boston Bibb Lettuce.
- Get of ·Iceberg Lettuce.
- Prepare of ·Butter Lettuce.
Instructions to make Thai Style Lettuce Wraps:
- To make the sauce, first microwave the peanut butter 10-15 seconds to make it runnier (only if needed), then place the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, brown sugar, lime juice, sesame oil and sriracha in a small bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Set this aside..
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it is fully cooked through..
- Add the mushrooms, onions and garlic to the skillet. Cook for 3-5 more minutes, until the onions and mushrooms are softened. Stir in the zucchini and carrots and cook just 2 minutes more..
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and veggie mixture. Season to taste with pepper, ground ginger and dried basil. Remove from heat and serve over the prepared lettuce. I served mine over romaine lettuce and garnished them with some green onions, sesame seeds and some thinly sliced purple cabbage, but just use whatever toppings you'd like..
- Refrigerate any leftovers. This reheats nice and makes a great lunch, appetizer or serve with a grain for a light dinner..
- This is equally as tasty served over some brown rice or quinoa..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food thai style lettuce wraps recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!