Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup). My friend's mother from Ukraine taught me this recipe for the classic beet soup. It's as authentic as it gets. It can be served vegetarian-style by omitting the sausage.
Borscht (English: /ˈbɔːrʃ, ˈbɔːrʃt/ (listen)) is a sour soup common in Eastern Europe and Northern Asia. In English, the word "borscht" is most often associated with the soup's variant of Ukrainian origin. Borshch (or borscht) belongs to a family of sour soups that includes shchi, a Russian cabbage soup.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, ukrainian borscht (beet soup). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
My friend's mother from Ukraine taught me this recipe for the classic beet soup. It's as authentic as it gets. It can be served vegetarian-style by omitting the sausage.
Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup) is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup) is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ukrainian borscht (beet soup) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup):
- Make ready 3 of medium beets peeled and grated.
- Make ready 6 Tbsp of olive oil divided.
- Make ready 4 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth + 6 cups water.
- Make ready 5 of medium potatoes peeled and sliced into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare 2 of carrots peeled and grated.
- Prepare 2 of celery ribs trimmed and finely chopped.
- Make ready 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- Get 4 Tbsp of ketchup.
- Make ready 1 can of white navy beans.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Make ready 2-3 Tbsp of white vinegar.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper freshly ground.
- Get 1 of large garlic clove pressed.
- Make ready 2 Tbsp of dill.
Coming from Ukraine, borscht is one of the soups I grew up with and one of the things I miss the most. Every Russian or Ukrainian woman knows her It is characterized by deep red color due to the beets. There are many different borscht recipes that contain the same ingredients, only the order of. This incredible beet soup is made with potatoes, cabbage, tomato sauce and served with sour cream!
Instructions to make Ukrainian Borscht (Beet Soup):
- Peel, grate and/or slice all vegetables, keeping sliced potatoes in cold water until ready to use..
- Heat a large soup pot (5 1/2 Qt or larger) over medium/high heat and add 4 Tbsp olive oil. Add grated beets and sauté 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beets are softened..
- Add 4 cups chicken broth and 6 cups water. Add sliced potatoes and grated carrots then cook for 10-15 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork..
- While potatoes are cooking, place a large skillet over medium/high heat and add 2 Tbsp oil. Add chopped onion and celery. Saute stirring occasionally until softened and lightly golden (7-8 minutes). Add 4 Tbsp Ketchup and stir fry 30 seconds then transfer to the soup pot to continue cooking with the potatoes..
- When potatoes and carrots reach desired softness, add 1 can of beans, 2 bay leaves, 2-3 Tbsp white vinegar, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 pressed garlic clove, and 3 Tbsp chopped dill. Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes and add more salt and vinegar to taste..
- Serve with vushka or garlic bread (optional) Enjoy!.
This incredible borscht recipe starts with the beef, of course! Preheat a large soup pot, add a drizzle of cooking oil and the chopped beef. A rich meat based broth with beets, cabbage, potatoes and carrots served with a dollop of sour cream. Have you ever tasted real Ukrainian borscht? A hearty soup made of beef or pork stock, beets, cabbage and potatoes.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food ukrainian borscht (beet soup) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!