Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup. Share The Spirit Of Christmas With The Best Of Food & Inspiration For This Festive Season. Prepare dry beans according to package, either soaking overnight or doing quick soak. Drain and add to a stock pot along with the ham hocks and ham cubes.
Rinse the beans in cold water. Place the rinsed beans in a large bowl, add enough water to cover the beans, then place a cover over the bowl. Home > Recipes > Meat Dishes > Debbie's Ham & Glaze.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, debbie's ham, bean & dumpling soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Share The Spirit Of Christmas With The Best Of Food & Inspiration For This Festive Season. Prepare dry beans according to package, either soaking overnight or doing quick soak. Drain and add to a stock pot along with the ham hocks and ham cubes.
Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook debbie's ham, bean & dumpling soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup:
- Get 2 of ham hocks.
- Get 2 cups of or more cubed ham.
- Take 1 lb. of navy beans.
- Get 1 of yellow onion diced.
- Take of carrots (handful of baby) diced.
- Take of couple cloves of fresh garlic minced.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Get of rosemary and thyme.
- Take of parsley and a couple bay leaves.
- Get of dry mustard.
- Get of white vinegar.
- Make ready of water.
Loaded with cannellini or navy bean with tender leftover ham in every bite! Ham and Bean Soup recipe is a fast and filling delicious weeknight dinner that smells heavenly. Perfect if you have any ham leftover from Christmas dinner! Add just enough water or veg broth to prevent sticking.
Instructions to make Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup:
- Prepare dry beans according to package, either soaking overnight or doing quick soak. Drain and add to a stock pot along with the ham hocks and ham cubes. Add approximately 8 to 10 cups of water, diced onion, diced carrots, minced garlic, and seasonings, to taste. Bring to boil, then turn down and simmer on low covered several hours. I let mine go maybe 4 hours or so. Note: I add the seasonings to taste. A pinch here, a shake or splash there. See, I am really no help, lol!!.
- After you are done simmering and your beans are tender, remove the ham hocks and bay leaves from your pot. You can use whatever ham you can get off of the ham hocks..
- Make your dumplings. I use maybe 4 eggs beaten, a little salt, and keep stirring flour into the eggs to get a semi stiff, yet sticky consistency. Drop by teaspoonfuls into boiling water and they will float when done. Drain and add to your soup..
- You will have to keep playing with your seasonings. My rule of thumb is add a little at a time so you don't overdo it! I find adding a little vinegar and dry mustard gives the soup a better flavor. Dad always liked vinegar in his bean soup and I add extra to my own bowl at times. You can also add more or less ham and dumplings. My husband likes a heartier soup so I tend to add more. Enjoy!!.
View the profiles of people named Debbie Hamilton. In a large stock pot, add water, ham bone and pre-soaked beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until beans are close to soft. Ham Egg and Cheese Grilled Cheese damndelicious.net. Orange Pound Cake Recipe with Nutella & Orange Glaze.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food debbie's ham, bean & dumpling soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!