Ham, with Black Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Cook the rice with the cup of ham fat, marrow, and skin. Add the ham, remaining water, the remaining salt, bacon, bay leaf, rice, onion and celery to the black-eyed peas and stir well.
In a large pot, combine ham hock, chicken broth, bay leaf and thyme. If desired, garnish with additional finely chopped red onion and snipped thyme. Rinse and sort black-eyed peas; soak according to package directions.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, ham, with black eyed peas and yellow rice. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Cook the rice with the cup of ham fat, marrow, and skin. Add the ham, remaining water, the remaining salt, bacon, bay leaf, rice, onion and celery to the black-eyed peas and stir well.
Ham, with Black Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Ham, with Black Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ham, with black eyed peas and yellow rice using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ham, with Black Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice:
- Get of Rice————.
- Prepare 2 cup of yellow rice.
- Get 4 cup of water.
- Make ready 1 cup of ham, ham fat with skin, and bone marrow.
- Get of Black Eyed Peas————-.
- Prepare 1 pound of dried black eyed peas.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1 of leftover ham shank from a smoked ham.
- Make ready 3 quarts of water +1 pint.
- Take To taste of hot vinegar sauce see my recipe optional.
Drain and rinse peas, discarding liquid. Start by soaking the beans overnight in a large bowl or pot. Next, add the black eyed peas, ham bouillon, celery salt, thyme, and red pepper flakes if using; stir well. Once the vegetables and peas darken slightly, stir in the rice followed by the water.
Steps to make Ham, with Black Eyed Peas and Yellow Rice:
- Cook the rice with the cup of ham fat, marrow, and skin..
- Stir occasionally. When the water is absorbed and craters form cover take off the heat and don't disturb for 20 minutes. Don't peek do not lift that lid..
- Add the shank to 3 quarts of water.
- Wash and remove any bad peas and any foreign objects, like rocks and so on….
- When the shank has boiled for 30 minutes add the peas..
- Let them boil about 90 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the pint of water and bring back to boil. Let it boil 10 minutes. Cover and let sit 15 minutes..
- Add rice to a bowl.
- Add black eyed peas to the bowl. If you want to add the hot vinegar sauce now is the time..
- I hope you enjoy!.
Raise the heat to medium-high, stir in the water and bring it to a boil. Wash the rice in a colander and set aside. (This removes all the extra starch from the rice, you don't want to skip this step!) Place sofrito, oil, tomato sauce and salt in the pot. Stir in broth, poultry seasoning, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir in broth, black eyed peas, rice, if desired, garlic and thyme. Season to taste with hot sauce.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food ham, with black eyed peas and yellow rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!