Lima Beans and Ham. Local Seeds – A marketplace for seed savers. Buy and sell non-GMO, heirloom, open pollinated, organic seeds online from local growers. This recipe uses dried limas with ham that you soak for at least an hour before cooking.
I hope you enjoy these Lima Beans with Ham as much as we do. The lima beans must be soaked overnight (or about eight hours) so plan accordingly. Salt can sometimes inhibit dried beans cooking properly in the slow cooker, so salty seasonings are added after the beans become tender in this recipe.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, lima beans and ham. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lima Beans and Ham is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Lima Beans and Ham is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Local Seeds – A marketplace for seed savers. Buy and sell non-GMO, heirloom, open pollinated, organic seeds online from local growers. This recipe uses dried limas with ham that you soak for at least an hour before cooking.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have lima beans and ham using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lima Beans and Ham:
- Get 1 pound of baby dried lima beans.
- Take 1 pound of lima beans.
- Prepare 3 pounds of ham semi-boneless.
- Make ready 1 stick of butter.
- Make ready 3 quarts of water.
- Get 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Get 2 of large onions.
A ham bone adds tons of savory flavor to the beans. Never throw away the leftover bone from a The lima beans at Cracker Barrel was so good and I was determined to try and replicate the flavour and method once I got home. So, here is my Lima Bean with Ham recipe. It is simple to make and oh so delicious.
Steps to make Lima Beans and Ham:
- Heat the water to bring to a boil..
- While that's happening take half the ham and cube it. Take the other half and hand shred it. Add to the water..
- Wash and look the beans over removing anything that isn't a bean. Add to the ham and water..
- Dice the two onions and add..
- Boil for 2-1/2 hours covered stirring occasionally..
- At the time when two hours are gone by add the salt. Stir well and boil 30 minutes more..
- Serve I hope you enjoy! I love mine with hot vinegar sauce see my recipe..
Everyone in the family absolutely loved this down home comfort food side dish. Try this recipe and you will also agree that lima beans get a bad rap! Lima beans is a classic country. Add bay leaf and bring to a boil. Old Fashioned Lima Beans with Ham.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food lima beans and ham recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!