Ham and Bean Soup. Rinse the beans, sorting out any broken or discolored ones. In a large pot over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the salt and the beans and remove from heat.
Add chicken stock to cover beans. Heat oil over medium high heat in a large soup pot. Ham and Bean Soup will warm your soul and belly this season.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, ham and bean soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ham and Bean Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Ham and Bean Soup is something that I have loved my entire life.
Rinse the beans, sorting out any broken or discolored ones. In a large pot over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the salt and the beans and remove from heat.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have ham and bean soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Bean Soup:
- Get 1 lb of ham rough chopped.
- Make ready 1 lb of dried great northern beans.
- Take 1 gallon of homemade ham stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of finely chopped carrots.
- Get 1 cup of finely chopped celery.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dehydrated onion flakes.
- Get 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Take 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Organic No-Salt Seasoning (Costco brand).
Hearty chunks of ham, buttery beans and veggies in a savory broth makes this a comforting winter supper. If you're looking for recipes to use up all your leftover Christmas ham, this is one of the best around! The challenge I have with blogging a soup recipe is that I never seem to make it the same way twice and I usually do not measure anything. It's always just a little of this and that and what ever I have on hand.
Instructions to make Ham and Bean Soup:
- Soak the beans overnight in cold water..
- Finely chop the carrots and celery into pieces no larger than a 1/4 inch. They should be about the same size as the beans..
- Rough chop ham into about one inch chunks. Combine all ingredients and simmer for at least 4 hours until the beans are tender..
- Once the beans are tender and the broth has started to become a bit cloudy from the beans starting to breakdown use the back of a ladle and mash a few times. This will add a slightly thicker creamier texture, an immersion blender can be used too. Serve with biscuits or cornbread..
I didn't have any split peas to make split pea soup, but I did have navy beans. Slow cook dried beans with aromatics and the ham bone – the ham bone flavours the water to create the soup broth, the ham meat becomes "fall apart tender" and the beans cook; Pan fry shredded ham until golden. Made with a ham bone, dried white beans, chopped carrots, celery, onions, and garlic, chicken stock, and fresh thyme, this recipe takes minutes to assemble in a slow cooker. Then it simmers all day, producing a rich and flavorful soup with hardly any effort. For best results, choose a large, meaty ham bone.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food ham and bean soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!