Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread. Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread. One of my favorites food recipes.
Place the beans and water in a large stockpot. I think the beans and cornbread are. Combine all these goodies (except salt.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread. One of my favorites food recipes.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Prepare 1 of smoked Ham (or just use a ham steak).
- Make ready of Fresh Green Beans (as many as you want).
- Make ready of Red potatoes (not too many).
- Prepare 1 pack of smoked bacon (reserve the grease).
- Prepare 1 stick of butter (cut up).
- Take 1 of medium onion.
- Make ready 4 cloves of garlic.
- Make ready 2 of chicken bouillon cubes (crushed).
- Prepare of Water (I used 2 bottled waters).
- Take of Garlic salt.
- Get of Black pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of white sugar.
- Take of Cornbread.
I love bean soup (minus the ham–I can't eat an animal that is intelligent enough to win video games played against a primate, as happened in a scientific research study) and also cornbread. I'm glad your version of cornbread is salty, not sweet, as too many people in the southern USA tend to make it. The combo of soup and cornbread is one of my favorites. Combine Randall Beans, cottage butt, onions, water, carrots and celery in a Dutch oven.
Steps to make Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Go through your beans and cut off the ends and cut them the way you like then soak them in water.
- Cut up your ham the way you like your pieces reserving any you don't use including the bone in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Set your oven to 400 degrees and place the whole pack of bacon on a baking sheet Cook it anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and depending on the cut of the bacon.
- When done place bacon to drain and reserve the grease then start making your corn bread and put it in the oven (that is another recipe).
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and leave them whole or cut up if too big.
- Cut up onion and garlic and set aside and cut your bacon into tiny pieces for later.
- Pour the water out from your beans and add to the pot then add bacon grease and stir to coat them well with the grease.
- Then add your water, chicken bouillon cubes, onion, garlic, garlic salt, pepper and sugar to the pot.
- Then put in your ham and stir then add potatoes and butter then lock it up and set for 30 minutes on pressure cook.
- When done add bacon pieces and stir ENJOY 😋💋💗.
- Don't forget to take your corn bread out of the oven !! 😝.
- Cooks note* If you don't like your ham cooked anymore than it already is in the package then don't add it until the beans and potatoes are done then set to pressure cook for 3 minutes with the beans and potatoes after all a smoked ham is already cooked.
Serve in individual soup bowls along with cornbread. The beans are pretty much done, so you can just cover and turn the heat off for awhile while you make the cornbread. I try never to eat beans without it. And cornbread, I've found, is such a personal thing. People are very rabid and passionate about the kind of cornbread they prefer, and it almost always relates back to the variety the ate during childhood.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!