Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Grit Cakes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Grit Cakes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Grit Cakes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Snacks.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy meals can help us truly feel better within our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
If you’re looking for a fast snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be excellent for quick treats to eat on the go. Selecting whole grain food items is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily available. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to grit cakes recipe. To cook grit cakes you only need 19 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Grit Cakes:
- Provide of Grits————–.
- Provide 8 cups of water.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 cup of grits.
- Take of Breading—————–.
- Take 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- Provide 2 of large eggs.
- Get of Oil————-.
- Prepare As needed of extra Virgin olive oil for shallow frying.
- Get of Gravy——————.
- Provide 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Use 15 ounce of can of Italian style diced tomatoes.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 1/2 cup of the breading flour.
- Provide 1 cup of water.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra Virgin olive oil.
Steps to make Grit Cakes:
- Boil 8 cups of water add salt and grits cook till done. Make sure there is no lumps or it will be a catastrophe..
- Grease a loaf pan or something similar with butter..
- Pour in the grits.
- Let cool then put it in the refrigerator till completely chilled.
- Now slice while it's cold and still in the loaf pan..
- Take a plate put it on top of the grits and flip the whole thing and let the grits ease out..
- Add seasoned salt to the flour.
- Beat the eggs.
- Dredge the grits slice in the flour.
- Now the eggs.
- Back into the flour and into the hot oil to fry..
- Fry turning as necessary.
- Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil..
- Repeat till done.
- Heat the oil and add the tomatoes.
- Smash the tomatoes a bit add the sugar..
- Add spices and stir simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add flour simmer 7 minutes keep stirring..
- Add water.
- Stir mixing the water with the flour tomatoes. It should be done..
- Serve tomato gravy atop the grit cakes..
Your Grits Cakes stock images are ready. Download all free or royalty-free photos and vectors. Use them in commercial designs under lifetime, perpetual & worldwide rights. Grit cakes are as easy to make as ice cubes. For better or worse, when you let cooked grits cool to room temperature they become a solid mass, sort of like cakey gelatin.
If you find this Grit Cakes recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.