Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Treats.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and less of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have so many options. Why not try one of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you might be looking for a fast snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch. When you need a fast snack on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the modification from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You do not have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sautéed veggies and creamy, cheesy grits recipe. To make sautéed veggies and creamy, cheesy grits you need 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits:
- Take of Veggies:.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini (chopped and cut into half moons).
- Prepare 1 of yellow squash (chopped and cut into half moons).
- Get 2-3 of large tomatillos (chopped and cut into half moons).
- Get 1-2 of bell peppers (cut into 1-2 inch strips).
- Prepare 2-3 of Thai eggplants and/or 1 Chinese eggplant (chopped and cut into half moons).
- Take 1 stick of butter (I prefer Blue Bonnet).
- Use of ****************************.
- Prepare of Cheesy grits:.
- Provide of Salted water.
- Use 2 teaspoons of chia seeds (optional but tasteless and healthy).
- You need 2 teaspoons of feta cheese (optional but tasty).
- Prepare of Grits (preferably Quaker Oats quick grits).
- Get 1 tablespoon of sour cream (or more if desired).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cream cheese (or more if desired).
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of milk (as necessary).
- Take Handful of Velveeta shredded cheese.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of butter.
- Get of Optional seasoning: garlic powder and paprika (to taste).
Instructions to make Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits:
- Chop all veggies as directed or as desired. Sauté veggies in butter and possibly a little oil (I prefer grape seed oil) over medium-high heat for about 25 minutes or until desired tenderness..
- After veggies have cooked for about 15-20 minutes, boil lightly salted water in a separate pot along with chia seeds and feta cheese for about 6 minutes. After those 6 minutes, add and cook grits according to package directions whisking grits from start to finish occasionally. Garlic powder and paprika are excellent options for seasoning..
- After grits are almost done, turn fire to low heat and add milk, cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese and butter. Stir and let grits ingredients heat for about another 3-5 minutes. Then, turn off fire and let grits set for about 5-10 minutes..
- Serve hot, sautéed veggies over hot grits. Enjoy!.
- Suggestions: Another good addition to your sautéed veggies is mushrooms. Chia seeds can be purchased at Puritan.com. Check it out. Tomatillos, Thai eggplant, and Chinese eggplant may be difficult to find in some cities. Try a fruit market that has a lot of varieties of fruits and vegetables. In Chicago, we have Pete's Fresh Market..
Using cream cheese in this recipe makes for an interesting twist on this iconic dish. Grits are a Southern food icon, usually served for breakfast, and not surprisingly, are mostly eaten in the South, from the Carolinas to Texas. Sauteed shrimp with bacon, creamy cauliflower grits, and fresh greens. Instead of using grits made from stone-ground cornmeal, I've taken cauliflower and turned it into a fresh vegetable loaded side Each guest gets a generous helping of cheesy grits topped with sautéed greens and spicy shrimp. Cheesy grits, spicy shrimp, crispy bacon and fresh green onions are perfect comfort food!
If you find this Sautéed Veggies and Creamy, Cheesy Grits recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.