Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Treats.
Healthy eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more healthy feeling. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
One of the most popular snacks is low fat yogurt. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a nutritious larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. It is made up of tons of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help maintain the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by most people. Yogurt combines perfectly with nuts along with seeds. It’s an easy way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
You don’t have to look far to locate a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to faux grits ☆ grain free porridge recipe. You can have faux grits ☆ grain free porridge using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge:
- Take 1 cup of quinoa rinsed.
- Use of additional 1 1/2 cups water or milk.
- Take of keep those separate ^.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of quinoa rinsed.
- Get 1/4 cup of ground flax.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of chia seeds.
- Provide 1/2 cup of coconut flour.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of sweetener raw sugar, honey, or stevia blend etc.
- Prepare 4 cups of water or milk.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Instructions to make Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge:
- I chose honey as my sweetener. Since it is raw I waited to add it until the end when the whole pot has cooled to a warm temperature. If added when hot it kills the live cultures in the honey and that defeats the health benefits..
- In a separate pot cook 1 cup quinoa with the 1.5 cups of liquid. Bring water and quinoa to a boil, reduce heat to simmer place a lid on cook for 7-12mins..
- The rest of the ingredients place in a blender and add 3 of the 4 cups of water or milk. Blend well..
- Place blended ingredients plus the last cup of liquid in a pot and cook on low heat until it thickens. Takes 5-15min.
- Watch porridge and stir while cooking or it will stick to thy bottom and scorch..
- Once quinoa is cooked dump in pot with blended ingredients.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit. Or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Or vanilla. Or nuts. And or a tablespoon of coconut or butter.
It's eaten in dozens of cultures around the world. For instance in Lombardy, northern Italy, polentina is prepared for. Amaranth (Gluten-Free): A very fine grain that results in a creamy consistency much like grits or cream of wheat. I'm not a big fan of amaranth and teff for porridge since the grain is so small however some people enjoy them. Teff (Gluten-Free): A very small, fine grain that results in a porridge similar to amaranth in texture, something like polenta or cream of wheat.
If you find this Faux Grits ☆ Grain Free Porridge recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.