Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Fish Tacos with Grits recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Fish Tacos with Grits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Tacos with Grits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Snacks.
We are all aware that consuming healthy snacks can help us really feel better in our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s hard to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. Finding goodies that help us feel better and boost our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try some of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is a fantastic alternative as long as you do not have a nut allergy. As an all-in-one energy booster, almonds provide many health rewards. Almonds are a natural supply of B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan that may often make you sleepy. But once you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you must sleep a while. These nuts unwind the muscles and supply a general sense of peace. Sometimes eating almonds can even be a mood enhancer!
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fish tacos with grits recipe. You can cook fish tacos with grits using 43 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Fish Tacos with Grits:
- Provide of Grits————–.
- Provide 1/2 stick of butter divided.
- Use 2 cup of grits.
- You need 8 cups of water.
- Take As needed of hot sauce your favorite optional added individually.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Get of Fish———————.
- Get 2 pounds of Swai Fish.
- Use 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Provide 3/4 cup of self-rising cornbread mix.
- Take 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- Take 2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Use 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Take of Slaw——————–.
- You need 1 pound of shredded coleslaw mix.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seed oil.
- Provide 1/4 cup of honey.
- Take 1-1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need of Avocado—————-.
- Get 1 tablespoon of diced onions.
- Use 1/4 cup of lemon juice or lime juice.
- Use 1 of large Hass avocado.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Take 1/3 teaspoon of chopped cilantro.
- Use 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley flakes.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- Use 1/3 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Provide of Gravy————————.
- Use 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Use 3/4 stick of butter.
- Take 2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Take 15 ounce of can evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Get of Tortillas—————————.
- Provide 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Use 2 tablespoons of lard.
- Take 1 cup of water.
- Prepare As needed of lard to grease the pan.
- Prepare of Oil——————.
- Provide As needed of vegetable oil to fry in.
Steps to make Fish Tacos with Grits:
- Mix the ingredients for the tortillas..
- Boil the water with the salt. Slowly pour the grits into the boiling water. When the grits are almost done add the rest of the butter. Cover and let sit undisturbed for 15 minutes minimum..
- Knead into a ball. Let rest for 12 minutes. Then form 9 golf size balls..
- Take wax paper and oil then lightly flour the wax paper. Press each ball till the dough is flattened..
- Repeat again..
- Set wax paper on top.
- Flatten it out if you don't have a tortilla press the you can use two pan bottoms..
- Grease the pan and heat. Also heat the oil for frying..
- Add the flatten dough..
- Turn as needed..
- When done move to paper towels. Repeat till done..
- Mix the flour, cornbread mix, and cornstarch together. Season the fish. Fry in the hot oil..
- Turn the fish as needed.
- When done move to paper towels to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Repeat till done..
- Melt the butter.
- Add the garlic mix well..
- Add the flour and cook the flour in the butter..
- Add the milk stirring constantly till it's thickened the way you want..
- Scoop out the avocado and mash it up and mix all the ingredients together..
- Mix the coleslaw ingredients together..
- It's ready..
- Spread some of the avocado mixture on the tortillas..
- Add some fish..
- Add slaw then the gravy.
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Don't get me wrong, I love shrimp and grits as much as the next gal. Fish tacos are a simple entrée, and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner with your family, and it's equally excellent for a casual dinner with friends. And, if you use corn tortillas, it is gluten-free. Fresh fish is one of the easiest and quickest things there is to cook, and juicy and flaky pan-seared fish is a glorious thing. Grill the fish: season both sides of the fillets with kosher salt, lemon pepper, Old Bay Seasoning, and a little garlic powder.
If you find this Fish Tacos with Grits recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.