Scrumptious steak fajitas. Scrumptious steak fajitas These fajitas are so full of flavor! #madethis. Season steak with chili powder mixture. I love the taste of surf and turf so this steak and shrimp fajita recipe is perfect.
This is my take on the Tex-Mex steak fajitas. Marinated for hours in lime juice, garlic, and cumin — so good you'll never use another recipe again! And I'm not just saying that because steak fajitas NEED guacamole.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, scrumptious steak fajitas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Scrumptious steak fajitas is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Scrumptious steak fajitas is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Scrumptious steak fajitas These fajitas are so full of flavor! #madethis. Season steak with chili powder mixture. I love the taste of surf and turf so this steak and shrimp fajita recipe is perfect.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have scrumptious steak fajitas using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Scrumptious steak fajitas:
- Get 1 1/2 lb. of Flank or skirt steak.
- Make ready 1 Tbsp. of Chili powder.
- Take 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Get 1/2 Tbsp. of Cumin powder.
- Make ready 1/4 Cup of Fresh lime juice.
- Get 1/4 Cup of plus 2 TBS. Olive oil.
- Take 1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- Take 3 of Red, yellow or green bell peppers, sliced.
- Make ready 1 of jalapeño, diced (optional).
- Take 1 of tomato, diced.
- Make ready 1/4 C. of Cilantro, chopped.
- Get 6 of flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 C. of Iceberg lettuce, sliced thin.
- Take 1/2 of lemon.
- Prepare of White sauce.
- Take 1 C. of Mayonnaise.
- Take 1 C. of Sour cream.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, diced.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Apple cider vinegar.
- Take 1 tsp. of Sugar.
- Take 1 of jalapeño, diced (optional).
I'm saying it because you need these homemade fajitas. Steak fajitas are actually a very healthy Tex-Mex meal! They're also flexible, because you can customize your toppings to suit your individual nutritional goals. As written, the recipe calls for flank steak, which is one of the healthiest beef cuts — ounce for ounce, a flank steak has fewer calories and more protein than a ribeye or.
Instructions to make Scrumptious steak fajitas:
- Combine 2 teaspoons ground cumin, the chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt. Cut shallow crosshatch cuts into both sides of steak for entire length of steak..
- Rub spice mix all over both sides. Place in a ziploc bag..
- In a small bowl whisk lime zest, lime juice, 1/4 C. olive oil, Worcestershire, and half the garlic. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the marinade and pour the rest into the bag with the steak. Seal and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Massage every now and then to redistribute marinade..
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute 3-4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add in bell peppers and saute another 3 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remainder of garlic and cumin and salt to taste. Cook stirring often until peppers are soft and beginning to caramelize. 5-8 minutes..
- Pour in the 2 Tbsp. reserved marinade. Stir in half the cilantro. Salt to taste and remove from heat and keep warm..
- In a smoking hot dry pan blister tortillas on both sides. Place in an oven on very low heat to keep warm..
- Remove steak from ziplock bag and pat dry with paper towels. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cut steak and work in batches if your skillet is not large enough. Cook steak to your liking. 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare..
- Remove to cutting board. Cover with foil and let sit 10 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin strips..
- Tip remaining juices from pan over cut steak, and sprinkle with remaining cilantro..
- Mix all white sauce ingredients together..
- Sprinkle juice of 1/2 lemon over sliced lettuce, add salt..
- Assemble fajitas. Place steak in tortilla and top with tomatoes, onions and peppers, lettuce and jalapeños if desired. Drizzle white sauce over top..
Cook over medium low heat, until translucent, stir in green peppers and steak. When the green bell peppers are just tender remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the steak fajitas with tortillas and lemon wedges on the side. Steak fajitas are delicious and surprisingly easy to make.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food scrumptious steak fajitas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!