Ground Elk Tacos.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, ground elk tacos. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ground Elk Tacos is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Ground Elk Tacos is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have ground elk tacos using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ground Elk Tacos:
- Get 1 lb of ground elk.
- Take 2 of white onions, chopped.
- Take 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of limes.
- Get of cotija or queso fresco, crumbled.
- Get 10-15 of corn tortillas.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves, sliced.
- Make ready 3 of Roma tomatoes, cored and chopped (optional).
- Get 1 of spicy pepper (fresno, serrano, habanero or jalapeño), chopped.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of all spice.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- Make ready 2 teaspoons of ground coriander.
- Take 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper.
- Get 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of water (or more if needed).
Steps to make Ground Elk Tacos:
- Create the spice blend. Add garlic, 1/2 of the chopped spicy pepper, cumin, all spice, chili powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, coriander, half the cilantro, and vegetable oil to a mortar and pestle (or food processor). Grind to a paste..
- Combine 1.5 white onions (chopped), Roma tomatoes (optional) and the rest of the chopped cilantro, the juice of one lime and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside..
- Cook the remaining half onion and the ground elk until browned and cooked through (about 8 minutes). Add the other half of the chopped spicy pepper and cook another 2 minutes. Add the spice paste from step 1 and two tablespoons of water, mix thoroughly and cook another 3-5 minutes. Add more water if needed to get desired consistency..
- Serve meat on warmed corn tortillas, top with onion salsa, crumbled cheese and your choice of hot sauce. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with a slice of lime..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food ground elk tacos recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!