Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Snacks.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. If we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
If you are looking for a quick snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be excellent for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains present in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino chicken adobo recipe. You can have filipino chicken adobo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Provide 1 of kilo chicken cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic 4-5 garlic cloves crushed and the remaining minced.
- Use 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Use 4 pieces of bay leaves.
- Use 1/2 tablespoon of peppercorn.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white vinegar (sugar cane or balsamic goes well too).
- Take 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Get 1/4 cup of water.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need of Optional: peeled hard-boiled eggs and/or potatoes cut in quarter.
Steps to make Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and vinegar with the crushed garlic for at least 2 hours or even overnight. The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the tastier and flavorful it becomes..
- Heat oil in pan and cook remaining minced garlic until light golden brown. Set aside toasted garlic as toppings later. Remove chicken from the marinade (keep marinade sauce) and pan fry chicken in the same oil as the garlic for about 3-5 minutes per side or until it browns a little. Don't worry about having to cook chicken through just yet, as you will still let it stew later..
- Put back marinade sauce from earlier and add water, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Add optional potatoes and peeled hard-boiled eggs. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will know chicken is cooked once it is fork tender is starting to release oil. I like my adobo on the drier side so I let the it simmer until the sauce thickens and mostly evaporated..
- Serve with white rice topped with toasted garlic and enjoy!.
Like its pork counterpart, this chicken version is made by braising the meat in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, and aromatics such as onions, garlic, peppercorns, and bay leaves. Like most popular dishes, there are many ways to cook this stew. This easy Chicken Adobo is a delicious Filipino recipe flavored with black pepper, bay leaves and green chillies. The perfect easy dinner served with rice. Chicken Adobo is a delicious recipe where chicken is braised in a marinade made of soy sauce, black pepper, bay leaves and vinegar.
If you find this Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.