Jamie Oliver's Empire Chicken with Bombay-style Roast Potatoes.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, jamie oliver's empire chicken with bombay-style roast potatoes. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Jamie Oliver's Empire Chicken with Bombay-style Roast Potatoes is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Jamie Oliver's Empire Chicken with Bombay-style Roast Potatoes is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook jamie oliver's empire chicken with bombay-style roast potatoes using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Jamie Oliver's Empire Chicken with Bombay-style Roast Potatoes:
- Prepare of free-range chicken.
- Prepare of garlic , finely grated.
- Make ready of fresh ginger , finely grated.
- Prepare of fresh red chilli , finely grated.
- Make ready of tomato puree.
- Make ready of ground coriander.
- Make ready of turmeric.
- Prepare of garam masala.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- Make ready of natural yoghurt.
- Prepare of lemon , zest and juice of.
- Prepare of level tsp sea salt.
- Take of For the Bombay Potatoes:.
- Get of large pototoes.
- Prepare of lemon.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Make ready of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of garam masala.
- Prepare of turmeric.
- Get of whole garlic cloves (Jamie adds a whole bulb, cut in half widthways).
- Prepare of fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced.
- Take of tomatoes , roughly chopped.
- Prepare of small bunch fresh coriander (I used parsley).
- Get of Salt and black pepper.
Instructions to make Jamie Oliver's Empire Chicken with Bombay-style Roast Potatoes:
- In a roasting tin, mix together the all the ingredients for the chicken..
- With a sharp knife cut shallow slashes in the legs and breast of the chicken, then place it in the roasting tin and use your hands to smother it all over with the spiced marinade. Leave to marinate as long as you can, overnight would be best, in the fridge, but you can also smother it in the morning for cooking in the evening..
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Place a big roasting tray at the bottom of the oven, covered in kitchen foil. Place an oven shelf above it and when the oven is hot place the chicken directly on it. Jamie places the vegetables for his epic gravy underneath to catch the fat and juices. Roast for 1 hour, 20 minutes..
- To make the Bombay style potatoes, peel cut and cut into quarters and parboil with half a lemon for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain, allow to steam for few minutes, and shake to make the edges rough. Heat the oil and the spices in a roasting tin, then add the potatoes, shake and turn so all sides are covered. Add the tomato halves, chilli and fresh coriander stalks (I used parsley). I also added the lemon from the pan. Roast for 40 minutes until golden and crispy..
- Remove the chicken from the oven when it is golden, charred and cooked inside. It can rest for up to half an hour while the potatoes finish cooking and you prepare your accompaniments..
- Slice the chicken and serve with the potatoes and salad, with chutneys and yogurt and lemon wedges if you wish..
- The next morning, pile all the bones and leftovers into a pan, cover with water, and boil for 1 hour 30 minutes to make a delicious stock..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food jamie oliver's empire chicken with bombay-style roast potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!