Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chicken fajitas. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Fajitas is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Chicken Fajitas is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chicken fajitas using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Fajitas:
- Make ready 4 tablespoons of canola oil, divided.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Make ready 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoned salt.
- Make ready 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- Get 1-1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- Take 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- Get 1-1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium sweet red pepper, julienned.
- Get 1/2 of medium green pepper, julienned.
- Get 1/2 of medium yellow pepper, julienned (optional).
- Prepare 4 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- Get 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Make ready 6 of flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed.
- Get of Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, sliced red onions and sour cream.
Steps to make Chicken Fajitas:
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours..
- While chicken is marinating, prepare and cut your peppers and onions..
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm..
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through..
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken fajitas recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!