Chicken Verde Enchiladas.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken verde enchiladas. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Verde Enchiladas is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Chicken Verde Enchiladas is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken verde enchiladas using 12 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Verde Enchiladas:
- Take 5 lbs of chicken thighs (you will need to pre-cook and shred).
- Prepare 2.5 cups of mild salsa verde.
- Make ready 1/2 Cup of Salsa Jalapena.
- Prepare 5 cloves of minced garlic.
- Take 2-7 oz. of Cans roasted green chilis(drain first).
- Get 1 bunch of cilantro chopped (3/4 cup).
- Get 10 of oz.can (minimum) enchilada sauce.
- Make ready 1 of lime (juice from).
- Get 4 cups of shredded jack cheese.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups of sour cream.
- Get 24 of corn tortillas(pkg. of 30).
- Get 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
Steps to make Chicken Verde Enchiladas:
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute minced garlic for 1 minute..
- Stir in the salsa verde and salsa jalapena. Then heat thoroughly..
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in sour cream and most of the cilantro saving a little for garnish..
- Taste. Add salt, pepper, or even more sour cream if sauce is too spicy..
- Set aside 2 cups of the sauce to use when assembling the enchiladas..
- Squeeze the juice of the lime all over the shredded chicken..
- Stir in shredded chicken and half of the cheese to main portion of the sauce..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 13×9 in. baking pans with cooking oil and spread half of the reserved sauce (minus chicken) in each baking pan..
- Put a portion of chicken mixture in each tortilla and roll, placing them in the pan side by side. (I quickly dip each tortilla in boiling water before rolling so they don't break).
- You will end up with 2 full pans of enchiladas. (Approximately 24 total).
- Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas and add cheese to the top. I prefer jack cheese, but use what you like..
- Cover pans with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes..
- Then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes..
- Serve with cilantro on top..
- I make spanish rice and beans to compliment this meal..
- Link to my Spanish Rice recipe:.
- Spanish Rice: Https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/11008554-spanish-rice?invite_token=RQZWEVG5tfSCLZwZBzneUxT1&shared_at=1604947576.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food chicken verde enchiladas recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!