Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, Saffron Honey Jalebi, Nut Crumb and Grilled Fresh Figs.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, ginger and bay leaf ice cream, saffron honey jalebi, nut crumb and grilled fresh figs. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, Saffron Honey Jalebi, Nut Crumb and Grilled Fresh Figs is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, Saffron Honey Jalebi, Nut Crumb and Grilled Fresh Figs is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ginger and bay leaf ice cream, saffron honey jalebi, nut crumb and grilled fresh figs using 36 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, Saffron Honey Jalebi, Nut Crumb and Grilled Fresh Figs:
- Get FOR of GINGER AND BAY LEAF ICE CREAM:.
- Get 1/2 cup of fresh cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- Get 4-5 of fresh bay leaves.
- Get 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Take 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- Get 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Get 1/4 cup of whipping cream.
- Take 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Make ready FOR of JALEBI BATTER:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- Take 1 tbsp of chickpea flour (besan).
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1/4 cup of apple juice.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of plain water or little more.
- Prepare FOR of JALEBI SYRUP:.
- Make ready Pinch of saffron threads.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 2 of whole cloves.
- Take 1 tbsp of cardamom pods.
- Get Few of edible rose petals.
- Make ready 1/2 of Juice of a lemon.
- Get 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare As required of Canola oil, to deep-fry.
- Make ready FOR of NUT CRUMB:.
- Get 15 gms of unsalted butter.
- Get 1/4 cup of shredded coconut.
- Take 1/4 cup of pistachio, finely chopped.
- Get FOR of GRILLED FIGS:.
- Get 4-5 of fresh figs, stemmed and halved lengthwise.
- Get 1 tsp of canola oil.
- Take 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped fresh thyme.
Steps to make Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, Saffron Honey Jalebi, Nut Crumb and Grilled Fresh Figs:
- For the Ginger and Bay Leaf Ice Cream, place the cream, milk, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, ginger, sugar, honey and salt in a medium sized saucepan. Set over medium low heat and bring to simmer. Remove from heat and strain into a pouring jug. Let it cool completely. Whip the cream to soft stiff peaks and fold this whipped cream to cooled mixture. Set aside, in freezer, until firm and ready for serving..
- For the Jalebi, to make batter, combine flours, baking powder, apple juice and water. Cover and set aside at room temperature overnight to rest. Next day, transfer the batter to a squeeze bottle..
- To make jalebi honey syrup, place saffron and 1 cup boiling water in a pan and set aside for 10 minutes to infuse. Add honey, cloves and cardamom and cook for 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in lemon juice and add rose petals and set aside..
- Heat oil on medium heat and squeeze batter into oil in long spirals, working from the inside out. Cook, turning halfway, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon, dip in syrup for a minute, then remove and keep aside..
- For the nut crumb, place the honey and butter in a saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until melted and bubbling. Add the coconut and pistachios, and stir to combine. Spread over baking tray and bake at 160'C for 8 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside..
- For grilled figs, cook honey in a saucepan for 2 minutes or until colour darkens. Heat the grill pan to medium low. Brush the rounded side of figs with oil and cut sides with balsamic vinegar. Pour caramelised honey and thyme over the figs. Set the figs on the grill, cut side facing up. Cook until tops start to bubble and brown and the bottoms of the figs get light grill marks, 5 to 8 minutes..
- To serve, cut ice cream into slices, divide between plates. Add some pieces of the nut crumble and dots of the caramelised honey. Place a jalebi with some grilled figs over the ice cream and dizzle over the fig juices from the pan..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food ginger and bay leaf ice cream, saffron honey jalebi, nut crumb and grilled fresh figs recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!