Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup. Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying!
It's rich and indulgent, but not so much that it weighs me down. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli, which is very welcome.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, squash, broccoli and cheddar soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying!
Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look wonderful. Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have squash, broccoli and cheddar soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup:
- Get of olive oil.
- Prepare of butter.
- Make ready of medium onion chopped.
- Make ready of garlic smashed.
- Prepare of small squash.
- Prepare of dried sage.
- Get of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Make ready of cayenne powder.
- Prepare of vegetable stock.
- Make ready of water.
- Prepare of medium heads of broccoli.
- Make ready of bay leaves.
- Make ready of canned coconut milk.
- Take of shredded cheddar cheese *.
- Make ready of salt & pepper *.
There are a few keys to making this soup really special Delicious, cheesy broccoli cheddar chicken couscous with sweet and spicy roasted butternut squash. You'll love this easy, cozy and quick dinner recipe for any night of the week! Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar. Season with salt and pepper and top with more cheddar.
Steps to make Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup:
- Quarter the squash and scoop out the seeds. Steam the quarters with the rind on for 30min or more, until soft. Some squash skin will be tough and should be removed once cooked, but others can be left on..
- Melt the butter with the oil in another pot and gently soften the onion and garlic. Add the squash, sage, nutmeg, cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and water and heat on low until it is boiling..
- If you prefer you can just boil the squash – just leave it cooking in the stock for 10 minutes..
- Cut the broccoli heads into small pieces and add to the pot with the bay leaves. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Remove the bay leaves and use a hand blender to puree the ingredients in the pot..
- Return the pot to the heat add the coconut milk and half of the cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese is fully mixed and taste the soup. Add more Cayenne for heat, and more cheese if you think it needs it. Cheddar will be salty so don't overdo the seasoning before adding the cheese..
Spaghetti squash has a lot of water in it-you don't want that moisture at the bottom of your quiche. However, it won't dry out completely and won't be Place equal amounts of the broccoli, cheese and bacon in each squash "cup." Whisk together the eggs and milk and season with salt and black pepper. I love broccoli cheddar soup and will be making this soon! How much (volume) chopped onion do you estimate is in "one small onion"? Also, I typically add my cream/milk after pureeing because I worry it will overcook — is there a benefit to putting it in while you are cooking the carrots and broccoli?
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!