Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme. Tender spring-dug potatoes and carrots need very little fussing over. Simply roast them and toss with thyme and butter for an easy side dish. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add potatoes.
Sprinkle the potatoes with the minced garlic and the chopped thyme, rosemary, and sage. If you're not using fresh sage, feel free to add a little extra thyme and rosemary. Scatter thyme sprigs over vegetables and drizzle with maple syrup.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, oven-roasted potatoes and carrots with thyme. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tender spring-dug potatoes and carrots need very little fussing over. Simply roast them and toss with thyme and butter for an easy side dish. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add potatoes.
Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have oven-roasted potatoes and carrots with thyme using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme:
- Take 2 lb of Baby Yukon Gold potatoes (see Notes), scrubbed and halved lengthwise.
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coarse kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Take 2 tbsp of minced fresh thyme.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of tablespoon butter or margarine.
- Get 1 lb of peeled baby carrots (this is a modification of the original recipe to save time),.
Didn't have any parsnips but used carrots sweet potatoes and whole fennel. No maple syrup in house so I used wildflower honey with a. These carrots are roasted in a high-temperature oven until caramelized and tender-crisp — a cooking method that intensifies their flavor and brings out their natural Question: I am planning to prepare the beef tenderloin, scalloped potatoes and roasted carrots with thyme for Christmas Eve dinner. Move over, sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts!
Steps to make Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme:
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°..
- Put carrots on large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add potatoes. Boil for about 5 minted till fork tender..
- While potatoes are boiling, roast carrots in oven, when potatoes are done, drain them completely and spread on a large rimmed baking sheet with carrots, drizzle vegetables with olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and gently toss to coat evenly. Bake, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown, about 20 minutes..
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and add thyme and butter or margarine; gently toss to coat evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature..
I have a new favorite vegetable side dish—roasted carrots. Like those other vegetables, carrots develop deep, concentrated flavor and golden, caramelized edges as they roast in the oven. Try roasting the carrots with fresh thyme. If you find that the baby carrots are done before the potatoes just remove them to a bowl. I use the rainbow carrots and keep them whole as they look so pretty on the table served like this.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food oven-roasted potatoes and carrots with thyme recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!