Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin). So Jeera aloo translate to potatoes sauteed with cumin. Making jeera aloo is one of the easiest that even a Tip: To make cumin powder, I roasted the cumin seeds on a low flame until aromatic. Next add in the potatoes and toss them gently.
The jeera aloo sabzi is a delicately spiced vegetables made from potatoes roasted along with cumin and turmeric and spiced with either green. Potatoes spiced with cumin and herbs. This is an easy, quick and delicious jeera aloo recipe.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, jeera aloo (roasted potatoes with cumin). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
So Jeera aloo translate to potatoes sauteed with cumin. Making jeera aloo is one of the easiest that even a Tip: To make cumin powder, I roasted the cumin seeds on a low flame until aromatic. Next add in the potatoes and toss them gently.
Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have jeera aloo (roasted potatoes with cumin) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin):
- Prepare 250 gms of potatoes boiled and cubed.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger Garlic paste.
- Get 1 of Green chilli finely chopped.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pepper powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Take As needed of Salt.
- Make ready 1 tsp of kasthoori methi leaves crushed.
- Make ready 1 of tbps Coriander leaves chopped finely.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
To make jeera aloo, you just need to boil some potatoes first and then saute them with spices. If you already have boiled potatoes, then making jeera aloo becomes very quick. Aloo Jeera is easy yet a delicious side dish. A whole cumin seeds have a slightly nutty flavor.
Steps to make Jeera Aloo (Roasted Potatoes with Cumin):
- Boil the potatoes peel them and cube into pieces. Keep aside. Heat oil in wide kadai add mustard seeds. Once mustard seeds crackled completely add cumin seeds..
- Add chopped onion. Saute for a bit add ginger garlic paste and green chilli. Once the raw smell goes off, reduce the flame. Add all the masala powders one by one and mix with another hand. Don't burn the masala. Add salt and Kasturi methi leaves, saute a bit..
- Now add the cubed potatoes and mix it carefully don't break the potatoes. Roast for another 5 minutes in medium flame and stir every one minute. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with any rice or roti..
Notes: Jeera Aloo also can be served as snack or chat drizzling with whipped yogurt and tamarind chutney. Make sandwiches, use left over Roti or Paratha and roo Aloo. Jeera Aloo is a typical vegetarian Indian dish which is often served as a side dish and normally goes well with hot puris, chapatti, roti or dal. Its main ingredients are potatoes (aloo), cumin seeds (jeera) and Indian spices. Jeera aloo is potatoes cooked with cumin seeds.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food jeera aloo (roasted potatoes with cumin) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!