Heart Shaped Mini Cake with Blue Buttercream Hydrangeas & Colorful Chocolate Flowers.
Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, heart shaped mini cake with blue buttercream hydrangeas & colorful chocolate flowers. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Heart Shaped Mini Cake with Blue Buttercream Hydrangeas & Colorful Chocolate Flowers is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Heart Shaped Mini Cake with Blue Buttercream Hydrangeas & Colorful Chocolate Flowers is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have heart shaped mini cake with blue buttercream hydrangeas & colorful chocolate flowers using 22 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Heart Shaped Mini Cake with Blue Buttercream Hydrangeas & Colorful Chocolate Flowers:
- Prepare of (A) For the Cake:.
- Take 55 of grams/6 Tablespoons Cake flour.
- Take 35 of grams/5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter.
- Take 1.5 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 20 of grams/2 Tablespoons + 45 grams/5 Tablespoons Granulated sugar (Divided).
- Take 33 of ml/3 Tablespoons Milk.
- Take 3 of Egg yolks (Room Temperature).
- Make ready 3 of Egg Whites (Room Temperature).
- Get 1/4 of th Teaspoon Cream of tartar.
- Get of ——————————————.
- Take of (B) For the Buttercream:.
- Take 227 of grams/2 sticks Unsalted Butter (Room temperature).
- Prepare 330 grams of Powdered/Confectioners/Icing sugar (Sifted).
- Make ready 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract.
- Make ready 2 Tablespoons of Whipping cream (Room temperature).
- Take of As required Icing color gel.
- Get of —————————————————.
- Take of (C) For the Chocolate Flowers:.
- Get 85-90 grams of White Chocolate.
- Make ready of As required Oil based gel colors.
- Make ready of As required Sugar Pearls.
Steps to make Heart Shaped Mini Cake with Blue Buttercream Hydrangeas & Colorful Chocolate Flowers:
- (A) To make the cake: Melt butter & salt over low heat. Add the milk. Keep whisking. Add 20 grams sugar. Cook just until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Let it cool. Transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add the cake flour. Add all the egg yolks at once. Mix with the help of a balloon whisk until combined. *Do not over-mix..
- Place the egg whites in a medium bowl. Whisk for 30 seconds with an electric beater. Add the cream of tartar. Whisk again for 30 seconds. Add 45 grams sugar little by little. Keep whisking on high speed until stiff peaks form (About 3-5 minutes)..
- Turn a small amount of the egg white mixture to the egg yolks mixture. Mix well. Now, pour all of the yolk mixture to it. Fold until just incorporated. *Very important: Do not stir..
- Fill 3/4th of a heart shaped mini cake pan lined with parchment paper or lightly greased with oil & flour dusting. Tap the filled pan a couple of times on the counter top to get the air bubbles out..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 120 Degrees C/250 Degrees F for 23 minutes. *This cake is supposed to be Off-Whitish/Yellowish. Do not over bake or brown it. Baking time depends on the size of the pan. Do a Cake Test with the help of a toothpick. It should come out clean..
- (B) To make the Buttercream: Place butter & sugar together in large mixing bowl. *Use a Stand Mixer or an Electric Hand Mixer. Start with low speed..
- Mix until light, smooth, silky & fluffy at medium-high speed. (*Should be done in less than 5 minutes in a Stand Mixer. 7-8 minutes if using a Hand Mixer). Add the Vanilla, Cream & Color. Mix for 30 seconds..
- Pour in a Piping Bag with your favorite Icing Tip/Nozzle attached & decorate the cake. I used Wilton Tip # 224) for the Hydrangeas..
- (C) To decorate the Cake: Apply a thin layer of the Buttercream with the help of an offset spatula to cover the top of the cakes so that the original color doesn’t show..
- Take a disposable Piping Bag. Place the Icing Tip in it. Cut off the tip of the bag to insert the Icing Tip. Fold the bag outwards into almost half. Fill the Buttercream with an offset spatula. *Do not touch with your fingers/hand. The butter will melt from your body heat. Fill only half the bag. Unfold the folded part upwards & twist it at the top..
- Squeeze the Buttercream gently so that it reaches the tip. It’s a good idea to practice a little bit on a piece of parchment paper before you begin decorating. The practice icing on the parchment paper is reusable..
- Start Icing from the edges & go inwards. Apply equal amount of pressure for consistency..
- Do the same with the 2nd & 3rd layer. Decorate the layers after placing them on the cake. Refill the bag as required..
- (D) Chocolate Flowers: Chop the Chocolate finely with the help of a serrated knife. Begin chopping from a corner. It’s easier to chop that way..
- Place 3/4th of the chopped Chocolate in a medium sized glass bowl. Place it on top of a small sauce pan with about 2 inches of water..
- Heat over low heat. Stir constantly when the Chocolate starts melting. Remove from heat once the Chocolate melts completely. Add the rest of the chopped Chocolate. Stir gently. This is known as “seeding” the “tempering”..
- Add color of your choice with the head of a toothpick. Keep adding & mixing until the desired color is achieved..
- Cut the inner tube of a paper towel roll into two. (Shown below) Cut two long strips of parchment paper. These will be used as “shapers” for the petals. The petals need to have a slight curvature..
- Place a small dollop (just about half a teaspoon) of the melted chocolate on the left side of the parchment paper. (Shown below)..
- Use a round-ended stainless steel spoon to make the petals. Three strokes will make one petal. Make 5 small & 5 large petals. Place the parchment paper in the shapers & refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. Let them set..
- Take them out when set. (Take out the larger petals first). Spread about a teaspoon of the melted chocolate in the middle of a square piece of parchment paper..
- Carefully pick up the large petals & place them on over the melted chocolate making sure the petals stick well. Now, take out the small petals from the refrigerator..
- Place about a teaspoon of the melted chocolate in the middle of the flower & place the small petals in between the large petals. Place a teaspoon of the melted chocolate in the
middle again. Arrange a few Sugar Pearls. Freeze for 5 minutes..
- Place the flower on the cake before serving..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food heart shaped mini cake with blue buttercream hydrangeas & colorful chocolate flowers recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!