Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, black bean and rice soup – slow cooker. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have black bean and rice soup – slow cooker using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Take of Black Bean Soup:.
- Prepare of each unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare of large bell pepper, diced.
- Make ready of jalapeno, diced (seeds removed for less heat).
- Get of yellow onion, diced.
- Get of garlic, minced.
- Take of celery, diced.
- Get of salsa (whatever kind).
- Take of chili powder.
- Get of ground cumin.
- Get of salt.
- Take of each dried oregano, smoked paprika.
- Get of ground coriander, pepper.
- Make ready of unsalted vegetable broth.
- Take of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- Make ready of Rice:.
- Make ready of long grain rice.
- Take of unsalted vegetable broth.
Instructions to make Black Bean and Rice Soup – Slow Cooker:
- Place the rinsed and drained black beans, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, broth and all seasonings into a greased slow cooker. Place the lid on and set to low heat for 5-6 hours..
- Once your soup is ready, switch to the warm setting. In a medium pot, heat 1 1/4 cup of broth over med-high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the rice and place a lid on the pot. Lower the heat down to low and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the rice has absorbed all the liquid and is tender. Let it sit with the lid on for a few minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper and fluff it with a fork..
- While the rice is cooking, ladle about half the soup into a blender. Puree it until smooth. Be sure to leave some space uncovered on the blender lid to give the steam room to escape..
- Stir both the pureed soup and the rice back into the slow cooker along with the juice from half a lime. Taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good and enjoy!.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food black bean and rice soup – slow cooker recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!