Tuna Fish Cake Patties. Once you've formed the patties, it's time for coating. A lot of recipes just fry the patties, or at the most dredge in flour and fry. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
We kids are only a few feet high, have tiny feet, scabbed. Tuna and Potato Patties, or tuna fish cakes, the ideal last minute appetizer that can feed a hungry crowd. Ridiculously easy to make, these patties are a great way of using up leftover mashed potatoes, and also sneak in some good old tinned tuna.
Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, tuna fish cake patties. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Tuna Fish Cake Patties is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Tuna Fish Cake Patties is something that I have loved my entire life.
Once you've formed the patties, it's time for coating. A lot of recipes just fry the patties, or at the most dredge in flour and fry. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook tuna fish cake patties using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Tuna Fish Cake Patties:
- Get of For the patties:.
- Prepare 1 tin of tuna in spring water, water drained (112g),.
- Make ready 1 of baking potato, peeled and cooked until fork tender, (220g),.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions, finely chopped,.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of light mayonnaise,.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Prepare 1 pinch of red chilli flakes,.
- Prepare 1 pinch of dried parsley,.
- Make ready 1 pinch of dry dill,.
- Get 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice,.
- Take of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Prepare of For the breadcrumb coating:.
- Take 2 tbsp of white bread crumbs,.
- Take 2 tbsp of panko bread crumbs,.
- Get of Cooking oil spray such as Frylight.
How to Make Tuna Fish Patties. The spices and other veggies added to the tuna makes these so flavorful. These tuna patties aka tuna fish cakes, are a perfect way to use up cans of tuna. They're simple, crispy and so good y'all!
Instructions to make Tuna Fish Cake Patties:
- In a large bowl add in the tuna, mayo, herbs and spices listed under the 'patties' section of the ingredient list, (don't add the potato yet). Season well with salt and pepper. Mix together well..
- Take the baked potato and using a large sharp knife, cut it up into very small pieces. Add it to the tuna and combine well. Mix in the lemon juice and spring onions. Mash up any larger chunks of potato left using the back of a fork, so it's a nice even texture..
- Wet your hands (this prevents the mix from sticking to you), and then form the mixture into three neat round patties..
- Spray one side of the patties with cooking oil then gently pat on the breadcrumb mixture, making sure it sticks and then do this on the reverse sides. Ensure all gaps are covered in breadcrumbs..
- Heat a large frying pan up over a medium heat. Spray in a layer of cooking oil. Once nice and hot, add in the patties and gently fry for a few minutes on each side until the breadcrumbs are golden and the fishcakes heated through to the middle..
- Serve up and enjoy! :).
You'll be amazed at how cans of tuna fish can make such delicious patties! This dish pairs well with my popular southern coleslaw recipe. These quick and easy tuna fish cakes are made without potato, using breadcrumbs instead. These easy crispy tuna patties are a perfect way to use up cans of tuna. They're simple to make and just so good y'all!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food tuna fish cake patties recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!