Bicol Express with Crispy Pork Belly. We Deliver High-Quality Cuts Of Meat To Your Door For An Unforgettable Dining Experience. Rich in Flavors and Possesses a Remarkable Melt-In-Your-Mouth Texture. Crispy Bicol Express is one of my favorite versions of Bicol Express.
This dish makes a good appetizer. It can also be eaten as a main dish with warm rice. Bicol Express with Crispy Pork Belly Bicol Express, known natively in Bicol Province Philippines as sinilihan, is a popular Filipino dish which was popularized in the district of Malate, Manila but made in traditional Bicolano style.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, bicol express with crispy pork belly. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Bicol Express with Crispy Pork Belly is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Bicol Express with Crispy Pork Belly is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
We Deliver High-Quality Cuts Of Meat To Your Door For An Unforgettable Dining Experience. Rich in Flavors and Possesses a Remarkable Melt-In-Your-Mouth Texture. Crispy Bicol Express is one of my favorite versions of Bicol Express.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have bicol express with crispy pork belly using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bicol Express with Crispy Pork Belly:
- Make ready 1 tbsp of Canola Oil.
- Make ready 1 of onion peeled and sliced thinly.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced.
- Make ready 1 of Pork Belly Slice.
- Take 3 tbsp of fresh shrimp paste or cooked shrimp paste in bottle.
- Prepare 1 of small can or 1 sachet of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 4 pcs of Thai Chili (Bird's Eye Chili) sliced.
- Take 2 of finger chilies (Green long Chili) sliced.
- Prepare 1 of sliced of Ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Instead of cooking the pork the usual way, which is, by boiling in water, this recipe is using cubed fried pork to make it crispy then mixed with a sauce combining coconut cream, shrimp paste and green chilies. I assure you that this is a better version of Bicol express specially those who loved eating fried foods. Pork belly is the best part of pork for Bicol Express. Its fat and grease are a perfect combination of the saltiness of the shrimp paste and the natural sweetness of the coconut milk.
Instructions to make Bicol Express with Crispy Pork Belly:
- Bring Pork Belly into a boil.
- When Pork Belly is tender, rub salt on it and heat oil then deep fry.
- Once the Pork Belly is Brown and Crispy set it aside and prepare the pot and heat oil.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and fine pepper then add the shrimp paste and sautee.
- Add coconut milk, water, thai chili,finger chili and sugar. Bring to a simmer for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Cut the Crispy Pork Belly and put it on top of the sauce and garnish some whole Thai Chili.
- Serve hot with Hot Cooked Rice.
You can also mix it with pork shoulder or butt (pork kasim) for a meatier texture. Crispy Bicol Express is a version of the popular Filipino Bicol Express dish. Instead of stewing the pork, I deep fried it to be very crispy and then poured. Tips on Making Bicol Express: To make slicing easier, freeze the pork belly until partially firm. S. and have only access to the bottled "neon pink" shrimp paste, you might want to rinse it and drain well before using in the recipe to rid of the extra saltiness and the bright color that might otherwise bleed into the dish.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food bicol express with crispy pork belly recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!