Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Choose To Consume Are Going To Effect Your Health.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. You should also comprehend that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These kinds of foods are packed with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. For this reason we are going to be going over the healthy foods that you should be eating that will have a positive effect on your health.
Even though most of you have been told time and time again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. Potassium is one of the things that you will discover in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. One of the veggies which will supply you with the potassium you’ll need is broccoli. Another thing you may want to try is the next time you make a salad try working with spinach instead of your traditional lettuce as you will discover that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you should take these tips to heart. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can get in any store is also not good for you and instead you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy berry crumble/ crisp/ cobbler-type thing with cereal streusel topping recipe. You can have easy berry crumble/ crisp/ cobbler-type thing with cereal streusel topping using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping:
- Get of For streusel topping:.
- Take 1 cup of cereal with flakes (if it's got dried fruits and nuts, even better!) Granola and muesli work, too.
- Provide 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) of butter, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Get 3/4 cups of packed brown sugar (light or dark ok).
- Take 1/2 cup of AP flour.
- Get 1/8-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, depending on how much you like that sweet-salty contrast in your desserts.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need of Berry filling:.
- Use 1.5-2 of lbs. berries, washed and drained. Most kinds can be left whole, strawberries should be halved/ quartered depending on size.
- You need 1.5-2 Tablespoons of flour or corn starch.
- Prepare 1-3 Tablespoons of sugar, depending on how tart your berries are and how sweet you want your filling.
- Provide 1 pinch of salt.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of water for each 1/2 pound of berries.
Steps to make Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping:
- In a large mixing bowl, throw in all the streusel topping ingredients, making sure to distribute the salt and cinnamon as evenly as you can across the mixture. Leaving the cereal off to one side, use your fingers in a milking motion to incorporate the butter, brown sugar and flour together until you have pea-sized clumps..
- Add the cereal in and gently massage to evenly incorporate it throughout the butter/sugar/flour paste. Put in a container and refrigerate for at least 20 to 25 minutes to allow the butter to harden again before baking. If you're going to bake fairly immediately, put the streusel mixture in the freezer for a good 10 to 15 minutes before baking..
- Preheat the oven to 400F (This usually takes anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the oven)..
- Prepare the berries by gently tossing them in a large bowl with the flour or corn starch and sugar to evenly distribute the flour and sugar and to coat each berry thoroughly..
- Pour the berry mixture into a baking dish that is at least large enough in surface area to allow you to spread the berries in a roughly 2-inch layer. Then spoon the appropriate amount of water over the top of the fruit mixture. The reason I suggest the water be added after the fruit is mixed with the flour or starch and sugar is to avoid too much clumping..
- Top the berries with a roughly 2/3-inch layer of streusel topping and bake for roughly 25 minutes, or until the streusel topping is baked through to a dark golden brown. Not to worry if your baking dish is so large that the berries would spread out more thinly. Just gather them toward the center to make a roughly 2-inch thick mound. It's called a crumble. How precise could it be, right? :D.
- Cool for 10 minutes or so and serve a heaping scoopful with a slightly less heaping scoopful of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top. Enjoy! :).
- P.S. Leftovers go great with your morning yogurt. ;).
Here's how to make streusel topping for fruit crumbles, coffee cakes, and other streusel desserts. The same thing happens whenever I make coffee-cake muffins. When I take a bite—or sometimes even before the bite, when the muffins are first turned out of the pan—the nuts and brown sugar and. Fruit cobblers, crisps, and crumbles are easy enough that you don't really need a recipe to make them—just a basic formula, and a willingness to adjust things to taste (and circumstances). You want the topping (whether biscuits, pie dough, or some sort of crisp or crumble streusel) to be golden.
If you find this Easy Berry Crumble/ Crisp/ Cobbler-Type Thing with Cereal Streusel Topping recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.