ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY. A little sweet, a little sticky, a little salty & a little spicy. That silky texture is exactly what I do enjoy! It's one of the richest meats there is and although it is not an everyday thing, it is a real favourite indulgence for mine.
Serve it over rice for the ultimate dinner and forget you ever wanted to. Other pork belly favorite recipes include Mei Cai Kou Rou, a famous steamed pork belly, Braised pork belly with arrowroot, a Cantonese New Year's favorite The list goes on, but since I'm from Shanghai, I like to cook the original, un-embellished Shanghai-style version. This shanghai pork belly recipe is.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, asian style pork belly. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY is something which I have loved my entire life.
A little sweet, a little sticky, a little salty & a little spicy. That silky texture is exactly what I do enjoy! It's one of the richest meats there is and although it is not an everyday thing, it is a real favourite indulgence for mine.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook asian style pork belly using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY:
- Take 750 grams of Pork Belly.
- Prepare of Chinese 5 Spice Powder.
- Get 3 of Cloves of Garlic.
- Take 1 tbsp of Fresh Ginger (peeled and chopped finely).
- Get 1 of Red Chilli (finely sliced).
- Prepare 1 of Stick of Lemongrass (bashed and cut into 3 pieces).
- Prepare 800 ml of Chicken Stock.
- Take of Olive Oil.
- Get 1 cup of water.
Easy Crispy Pork Belly Cooking by Masterchef This Crispy Pork Belly With Asian Salad And Chili Ginger Caramel Sauce recipe is featured in the Pork feed along with many more. Easy Chinese-Style Braised Pork Belly – Couple Eats Food. This Chinese braised pork belly is the definition of comfort homecooked meal!
Steps to make ASIAN STYLE PORK BELLY:
- Pre heat your oven to as high as it will go , which will give the skin a chance to start crisping up..
- Make sure that your pork belly is scored on the top in a criss cross pattern. Most pieces come with it done already, but if not then use a very sharp knife, and cut around half a centimeter into the skin..
- Sprinkle the 5 spice powder over the top of the pork belly, and make sure to give it a good rub to get all of the flavours into the cuts on the top. Then drizzle with olive oil, and give it a good rub all over, then set aside for around 30 mins to let it do its magic..
- In the meantime, it is time to prepare your stock. I find the jelly stock pots perfect for this, so chuck your stock cube into a measuring jug and add the water. Then add the chilli, ginger, garlic and lemongrass. With the lemongrass it is important to bash it with the flat part of a knife before you add it, as this releases all of the flavour. Set this aside to let all of the flavours infuse..
- Grab yourself a small deep sided roasting tray, that is big enough to fit the pork belly in whilst still allowing around 5 cm of space around the sides. Put the roasting tray on the hob and add a good glug of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the pork belly and colour it on all sides, but not the top. Once this is done, turn off the gas..
- By now, your oven should be screaming hot, so transfer the pork belly in its roasting tray to the oven, and let it cook for around 20 mins..
- Remove the tray from the oven, and turn the temperature right down to 150°c and then pour your stock (which should be smelling amazing by now) very carefully around the sides of the pork belly, and leaving a bit aside just in case you need to top it up. It is VERY important to make sure that the stock doesn't cover the fatty top as this will stop it from crisping up..
- Put the pork belly back into the oven, and cook for around 1½ hours. After around an hour, go back and make sure that the stock level hasn't dropped too low..
- After 1½ hours, remove the pork belly from the oven and take it out of the tray. Set aside for 10 minutes to let it rest…. and your done! I like my crackling REALLY crispy, but this is down to your own personal choice..
- I like to serve this dish with steamed Pak Choi, and Dauphinoise potatoes..
Asian-style pork belly pancakes (Donna Hay)Source: Donna Hay. Divide the pork and crackling between the pancakes. Top with the pickled vegetables, hoisin sauce and chilli. This is a great pork belly stew Shanghai style! The pork belly is cut into dices, roasted, then braised with Chinese cooking wine, and finally caramelized.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food asian style pork belly recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!