Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Greek Stuffed Vegetables/ Gemista recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Greek Stuffed Vegetables/ Gemista recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Raising Snacks.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in how we feel. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more healthy feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be challenging when it’s snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Certain foods made from whole grains are great for a easy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will keep you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Deciding on whole grain food items is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to greek stuffed vegetables/ gemista recipe. To cook greek stuffed vegetables/ gemista you only need 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Stuffed Vegetables/ Gemista:
- Use 2 of large tomatoes.
- Get 1 of Bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 of zucchini.
- Provide 2 of eggplants.
- Use 1 of potato, cut in quaters.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Use 1 1/4 cup of rice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Get 1 cup of water or tomato juice.
- Get 1/4 tsp of all spice.
- You need of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of chopped mint.
- You need of dill.
- Take of oregano.
- Take of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Greek Stuffed Vegetables/ Gemista:
- Slice off and save the tops of the vegetables. Spoon out the insides and save the pulp from all vegetables. Try not to pierce the skin. Sprinkle the insides with salt and arrange the vegetables with potato in dish.
- Finely chop the scooped out insides. Grate onion and add to pan to cook in oil till softened, 4 minutes. Add the flesh of the vegetables cook stirring frequently for 10 minutes..
- Lower heat, stir in rice, herbs, tomato paste, all spice and season with salt and pepper. Dont cook for longer than a few minutes. Remove from heat and preheat oven to 350°F. Fill vegetables with mixture, about 1/2 – 3/4 full and cap with top of respective veggie. Sprinkle with olive oil. Add water to the pan, about half a cup to a cup, and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 2 hours (or until lightly browned). Continue to add water to prevent sticking..
Greek stuffed vegetables are not just vegetables stuffed with rice. This would not be interesting at all! The traditional recipe uses a lot of green herbs, spices Make the Gemista: Fill the vegetables with the filling, leaving one inch from the top, because the rice is going to puff up. Gemista or yemista (which in Greek means 'filled with') is a traditional recipe for Greek stuffed tomatoes and/or other vegetables that are baked, until soft This traditional Greek recipe for Gemista falls under the category of Greek dishes called "Ladera", meaning Greek dishes prepared with olive oil. Gemista are vegetables usually tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini and eggplant filled with rice (sometimes with ground meat) and baked in the oven.
If you find this Greek Stuffed Vegetables/ Gemista recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.