Portuguese Baked Eggs. Top with cheddar and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Bake, rotating dish halfway through, until Parmesan is melted and. Top with cheddar and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
Serve with crusty bread and a salad and you have a meal fit for a king. I've mentioned a time or two before that breakfast and I are not always on speaking terms. Eggs also contain choline, needed to make the.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, portuguese baked eggs. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Portuguese Baked Eggs is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Portuguese Baked Eggs is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Top with cheddar and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Bake, rotating dish halfway through, until Parmesan is melted and. Top with cheddar and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook portuguese baked eggs using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Portuguese Baked Eggs:
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Take 1 of yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Take 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Get 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Make ready 4 of cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 medium of tomatoes, chopped.
- Get 1 of handful leaves of spinach, chopped.
- Make ready 2 of or 3 jalapeños, each de-seeded and sliced into two halves.
- Make ready 6 of eggs.
- Make ready 1 tsp of paprika.
- Take 1 pinch of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 pinch of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- Make ready 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Take 1 dash of of pepper.
- Take 1 of salt to taste.
Spoon dollop of ricotta into each divot, then crack one egg into each. You with cheddar and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Bake, rotating dish halfway through, until Parmesan is melted and. Heat oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat.
Steps to make Portuguese Baked Eggs:
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the sliced bell peppers and onions to it. Sauté till they turn golden brown..
- Next add tomatoes, garlic, spinach and jalapeños to the pan and sauté till all the vegetables have reduced. (I was running short on jalapeños so I just used chilli instead).
- After the vegetables have reduced, add basil, oregano and paprika to them. You may season the vegetables with pepper too. Add salt to taste..
- Separate the jalapeños from the vegetable-mix..
- I used a pie plate here but a skillet works too. Spray Pam over the pie plate/skillet..
- Transfer the vegetable-mix to the plate and form 6 tiny wells with the help of a scoop or a spoon. In each well add a dollop of ricotta and an egg..
- Decorate as you would like to. I placed a few slices of tomato..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each egg-well and cover the entire plate with a generous layer of grated Parmesan..
- Bake for 20-22 minutes for a little runny yolks and about 40 minutes for well-done eggs and a golden-crisp layer of Parmesan cheese, just the way I like it! Serve hot with some bread, toasted or not as you would like..
Add onion and capsicum and chorizo. Spoon a dollop of ricotta into each divot and then crack an egg into each. Sprinkle with the cheeses and season with salt and PEPPER. It's basically eggs that are baked or poached in a fragrant tomato sauce, usually with capsicum (bell peppers), onion and spices like cumin and paprika, reflecting the Middle Eastern and North African roots of this dish. It's actually quite similar to Huevos Ranchos – the Mexican version of Shakshuka!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food portuguese baked eggs recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!