Comforting Caramelized Apple Poundcake.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, comforting caramelized apple poundcake. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Comforting Caramelized Apple Poundcake is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Comforting Caramelized Apple Poundcake is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have comforting caramelized apple poundcake using 12 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Comforting Caramelized Apple Poundcake:
- Prepare of For the poundcake batter:.
- Take of ◆Cake flour.
- Take of ◆Almond flour.
- Prepare of Eggs (L).
- Prepare of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Granulated sugar.
- Take of Caramelized Apples.
- Make ready of Walnuts, sliced almonds, etc. (optional).
- Prepare of For the syrup:.
- Make ready of Sugar.
- Get of Water.
- Get of Rum.
Steps to make Comforting Caramelized Apple Poundcake:
- Preliminaries: Line the poundcake tin with glassine paper. If the pan has a nonstick finish or is made of silicone, grease it with vegetable oil..
- Preliminaries: Have the eggs and butter at room temperature. Sift the ◆ cake flour and almond flour together twice from a height to incorporate lots of air into them, even if it seems like a lot of work..
- Make the caramelized apples and leave to cool. See- make sure to cook off all the excess moisture that comes out of the apples. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146241-caramelized-apple.
- Put the room temperature butter in a bowl and mix until it's glossy like mayonnaise. If the butter is at room temperature it will reach the mayonnaise-like stage right away..
- Add all the granulated sugar to the creamed butter at once. Beat with a handheld mixer until it's white and fluffy, about 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes of beating, it will seem like the butter has increased in volume..
- Break an egg into a separate bowl and beat it very well before adding to the butter-sugar mixture. Use a handheld mixer for this again..
- Add the 2nd egg in the same way. If you add 2 eggs at once the batter may split. Cold eggs may make the batter split too..
- Add the caramelized apples and the ◆ sifted flours all at once. Mix by scooping up the batter from the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula..
- Turn the bowl counter-clockwise while scooping up the batter clockwise with a rubber spatula from the bottom of the bowl to mix. The batter in this photo is not mixed enough yet..
- Don't overmix the batter, but do mix it properly until it's glossy! When it's no longer floury and has turned shiny, stop mixing..
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. To prevent the apples from sinking to the bottom, don't do the usual air-elimination step of dropping the pan from a height onto your work surface..
- Add some crushed walnuts, sliced almonds etc. to taste (optional)..
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 180°C oven, then lower the heat to 170°C and cover with aluminium foil and bake for another 20 minutes..
- While the cake is baking, make the syrup. Put the sugar and water in a small pan and mix. Bring to a boil, let cool and add the rum..
- When the cake is baked and has cooled enough that you can touch the pan, brush the surface evenly with the syrup. You don't have to use up all the syrup..
- After cooling the cake for a while, wrap it up in foil and rest in the refrigerator for a day. The cake can fall apart easily right down the middle, so handle it gently..
- The butter in the cake doesn't taste good unless it's chilled and hardened, so wait a day..
- When the cake is just out of the refrigerator it's hard and firm, so leave it at room temperature for a while before eating. It will be silky and moist..
- Apples and nuts go so well together. I like to add lots of walnuts personally..
- Here I added caramelized bananas instead of apples to make a caramelized banana poundcake. I topped it with chocolate chips..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food comforting caramelized apple poundcake recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!