Spanish Grilled Aubergine with tomato vinaigrette. Lisa and Tony Sierra are freelance writers and Spanish food experts who lead culinary tours of the country. Allow the eggplant to cool a few minutes. Then, spoon the tomato vinaigrette sauce over the eggplant.
If some of the slices are small, overlap two to make a larger slice, or. Our aubergine recipes are ideal for vegetarian entertaining, whether baked, grilled or fried, they soak up lots of flavour. Aubergines are very versatile and are great cooked in many different ways – but its really important to cook them fully, you'll know as the flesh will be meltingly tender.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, spanish grilled aubergine with tomato vinaigrette. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lisa and Tony Sierra are freelance writers and Spanish food experts who lead culinary tours of the country. Allow the eggplant to cool a few minutes. Then, spoon the tomato vinaigrette sauce over the eggplant.
Spanish Grilled Aubergine with tomato vinaigrette is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Spanish Grilled Aubergine with tomato vinaigrette is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook spanish grilled aubergine with tomato vinaigrette using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spanish Grilled Aubergine with tomato vinaigrette:
- Make ready 2 of aubergines medium size or 1 large.
- Make ready 1/3-1/2 cup of Spanish olive oil.
- Take 3 of Roma tomatoes.
- Get 3 tablespoons of Spanish sherry vinegar.
- Make ready 2 of green onions, finely chopped (optional).
- Make ready 2 teaspoon of capers, minced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Take 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves chopped.
- Take 2 of basil sprigs for garnish.
- Prepare 1 of French-style baguette.
Make aubergine: Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine oil, oregano, and chilli flakes. Brush all over aubergines and season with salt and pepper. Top grilled aubergines with feta and parsley.
Steps to make Spanish Grilled Aubergine with tomato vinaigrette:
- Trim off any stems or blemishes on the skin of the aubergines. Cut them crosswise into slices about 3/8 inch thick..
- Turn on the grill to heat. Place slices on a baking sheet and spray with oil, using a “ mister” if you have one. If not, lightly brush each slice with oil. Place baking sheets under the grill on the second shelf from the top, so that they are not too close, or they will burn..
- When one side is slightly browned and soft when you press lightly, turn slices over, apply olive oil and return to broiler. Depending on your grill, the distance from the pan, it may take 20-25 minutes to cook..
- You may find that slices that are directly under the grill cook much faster than those at the far corners of the pan. Keep a close eye on the pans and rotate the slices on the cookie sheet..
- Remove slices individually as they are done cooking and place on a large platter or serving plate. Don’t be afraid to overlap slices on the serving plate. It works just fine for serving and will be more appetising..
- While the aubergine is in the grill, finely chop the tomatoes and place them into a medium size mixing bowl. Finely chop the green onions and put the garlic cloves through a press or mince them by hand and place in the bowl with tomatoes..
- Remove the capers from the jar with a slotted spoon, so that they drain. Chop the capers and mix into the bowl with other ingredients. Make sure that stems are removed from the basil leaves, then chop the basil and place in a bowl..
- Pour Olive oil and vinegar into the bowl and mix with the other ingredients. Allow the aubergine to cool a few minutes. Then, spoon the tomato vinaigrette sauce over the aubergines..
- Serve immediately with sliced bread or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. (If you refrigerate this dish, be sure to take it out of the fridge a few minutes before serving, so that it warms up. You will not taste the rich flavours of this dish if it is served ice cold.) I sometimes like to add mozzarella..
Gratin d' Aubergines au Mozzarella can be a delicious choice of starter, as main perfect companion to a nice fillet of fish or a chicken course. Thin slices of aubergine grilled and topped with a fresh tomato and basil sauce. This dish will be ready in the blink of an eye! Roast aubergine and tomato bake with rocket and walnut. A great side dish, or a lovely light lunch with some salad.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food spanish grilled aubergine with tomato vinaigrette recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!