Mashed maple sweet potatoes. Mash with salt, butter, and maple syrup. Add cinnamon to taste then continue to mash with the milk or half-and-half to desired consistency. Prick each potato twice with a fork and bake in a foil-lined shallow baking pan in.
Discard the skins (unless you like to eat them!). Sweet potatoes become even more delicious with the addition of maple-flavored syrup, nutmeg and pecans. MORE+ LESS Add potatoes to saucepan; mash potatoes with syrup mixture, using electric mixer on medium speed, until light and fluffy.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, mashed maple sweet potatoes. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mashed maple sweet potatoes is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Mashed maple sweet potatoes is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Mash with salt, butter, and maple syrup. Add cinnamon to taste then continue to mash with the milk or half-and-half to desired consistency. Prick each potato twice with a fork and bake in a foil-lined shallow baking pan in.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook mashed maple sweet potatoes using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mashed maple sweet potatoes:
- Get 4 of large sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 c of softened butter.
- Make ready 1 c of heavy cream.
- Take 2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Make ready 1/2 c of packed brown sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 c of maple syrup.
- Get 1 c of chopped pecans.
- Make ready 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Take 1/4 c of chopped pecans.
Cooking the potatoes on the stove rather than baking them in the oven means you get to flavor the liquid they're simmered in. Here, we're cooking the potatoes in a cozy bath of nutty brown butter and half-and-half or whole milk until they're meltingly tender. I have always enjoyed sweet potatoes in a savory manner. I was putting together ways of making a mashed version and thought the kick of chipotle would be great.
Instructions to make Mashed maple sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×11 baking dish..
- Skin and chop sweet potatoes into small cubes. Steam the sweet potatoes until soft..
- Mash the warm sweet potatoes with the butter, cream, vanilla, brown sugar, salt, 1/2 c maple syrup, 1 c chopped pecans and eggs..
- Spread mashed sweet potato into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp maple syrup and 1/4 c pecans..
- Bake sweet potatoes in preheated oven until heated through, about 30-35 minutes..
It was but I thought the addition of maple would be the counterpoint add that familiar sweet note. – ashleyza —ashleyza. In this easy mashed sweet potatoes recipe, the naturally sweet flavor of the potatoes is enhanced with butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon. And when cooked in the microwave, then mashed with tasty ingredients such as butter and cinnamon, they are a real treat. Mashed Maple Bacon Sweet Potatoes & Salisbury Steak Today' we're making slow cooker salisbury steaks and mashed maple bacon sweet potatoes!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food mashed maple sweet potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!