Caribbean patí (Costarrican dish). To prepare the filing, chop in the food processor the onion, sweet and panamanian or red peppers, celery stalk, garlic and sprig of thyme. Add to the beef and mix well. I am costarican and was born in the caribbean province, so I grew up enjoying the traditional and delicious food that is made near the east coast of my small country.
More than a hundred years ago, while working on the railroads and the banana plantations, many people brought their favorite flavors from the Caribbean islands to the eastern region. Until this very day almost every dish feature a touch of ginger, cinnamon, Madame Jeanette or habaneros pepper. This is the most common dish on the Caribbean Coast.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, caribbean patí (costarrican dish). One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Caribbean patí (Costarrican dish) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Caribbean patí (Costarrican dish) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To prepare the filing, chop in the food processor the onion, sweet and panamanian or red peppers, celery stalk, garlic and sprig of thyme. Add to the beef and mix well. I am costarican and was born in the caribbean province, so I grew up enjoying the traditional and delicious food that is made near the east coast of my small country.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook caribbean patí (costarrican dish) using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Caribbean patí (Costarrican dish):
- Get of Dough.
- Prepare 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of achiote paste.
- Get 1/2 cup of vegetable fat.
- Prepare 175 ml of beer.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/4 stick of margarine.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Take of For the filing.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- Make ready 1 of sweet pepper.
- Get 1 of celery stalk.
- Get 1/2 head of garlic.
- Make ready 1 of sprig of thyme.
- Get 1/2 of french baguette.
- Take 1 of panamanian pepper (or red pepper).
But unlike rice and beans served in the rest of Costa Rica, Caribbean rice and beans are slow cooked with fresh coconut milk. The resulting flavor is sweet, savory and tropical. Rice and beans are made with either black beans or red beans, depending on the cook. Gallo Pinto is the main ingredient to the favorite Costa Rican breakfast dish.
Steps to make Caribbean patí (Costarrican dish):
- Place the French baguette in a bowl and cover it with water. We want it to get completely soaked in water. Leave it aside for later use..
- In a large bowl, add the flour, margarine and vegetable fat. Mix with a beater using the dough hook..
- Keep beating and slowly add the baking powder, salt and sugar. Then add the beer and the achiote paste..
- To prepare the filing, chop in the food processor the onion, sweet and panamanian or red peppers, celery stalk, garlic and sprig of thyme. Add to the beef and mix well..
- Add salt to taste..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Cover your working place with flour and knead the dough on it. Make sure your table is always covered with flour so the dough won't sick to it..
- Use a roller to make the dough as thin as you can without breaking it..
- Make circles on the dough. They should be around 7 to 10 cm..
- Fill them with the filling (about 1.5 tbsp per patí or as much as you can get in it) and close them like empanadas. Use a fork to secure the ends and make sure they are completely sealed..
- Place on a greased sheet and take to the oven. Bake for 8 minutes at 350°F and then broil for 5 minutes..
When Gallo Pinto is served in the morning for breakfast, the meal will consist of mixed rice and beans, fried or scrambled eggs, sour cream, and tortillas. Classic Limón dishes include the famous rice-and-beans, a Caribbean take on gallo pinto. Here, it is cooked with large red beans, coconut milk, thyme and Panamanian peppers, and served with chicken in hot tomato or coconut sauce alongside patacones, twice-fried green plantains. Literally meaning "painted rooster," Gallo pinto is a favorite rice-and-beans concoction that is commonly considered the national dish of Costa Rica. Ticos (the friendly indigenous people of Costa Rica) usually eat it for breakfast, sometimes with scrambled or fried eggs, but it is an enjoyable food at any time of day.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food caribbean patí (costarrican dish) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!