Mike's French Onion Soup. Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I often suggest additions or subtractions to a recipe, but here I suggest you stick with the recipe as is. I've made this recipe many times exactly as.
Is there anything more comforting on a chilly day than a hot bowl of French onion soup? French Onion Soup is essentially caramelised onion in soup form topped with cheesy bread. Caramelising onions calls for patience, but it's worth it.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, mike's french onion soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's French Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Mike's French Onion Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I often suggest additions or subtractions to a recipe, but here I suggest you stick with the recipe as is. I've made this recipe many times exactly as.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's french onion soup using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's French Onion Soup:
- Take 2 of EX LG Vidalia Onions [no substitutions].
- Get 2 of Coves Garlic [smashed & fine chopped].
- Get 1/3 Cup of Green Onions [small chop].
- Prepare 1/2 Stick of Unsalted Butter.
- Take 1 of LG Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of Dried Thyme.
- Take of Cracked Black Pepper [to taste].
- Get 32 oz of Box Beef Broth [low sodium].
- Take 1/2 Cup of Dry White Wine [chardonnay].
- Get 1 of LG Baguette Bread.
- Take of Garlic Butter [as needed – for bread].
- Get 1 of Gruyère Cheese [4 slices or 1 brick – you can substitute Swiss if in a pinch].
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of AP Flour.
- Make ready of Fresh Parsley [for garnish].
- Make ready 1/2-3/4 Packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- Prepare 2 of LG Oven Safe Ramikins.
You'll be rewarded with deeply golden, intensely sweet onions that forms an incredible flavour base for this French Onion. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with. French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking. But only a handful of frugal ingredients make up this restaurant favorite.
Instructions to make Mike's French Onion Soup:
- Add butter to a large pot. Slice onions thin and place in pot. Also, add your green onions, garlic, thyme, black pepper and bay leaf. Simmer onions for 25+ minutes until onions are limp and translucent. Stir regularly..
- Add white wine and simmer 5 minutes longer to burn off alcohol. Pull bay leaf..
- Dust onion mixture with your flour and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes to cook out any flavor of flour. Stir constantly. Add minimal amounts of butter to pot if your flour begins to seize up and is too difficult to stir. Or, if you feel it's in danger of burning..
- Add your broth and 1/2 to 3/4 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. I use 2/3's packet for the additional sodium & onion flavors. It really does balance the sweetness of the Vidalia Onions quite well. Simmer 10 minutes longer. Stir occasionally..
- Here's your desired outcome..
- Slice your Baguette Bread into 4 pieces. Cut more if you'd like to serve additional slices for dipping. Coat slices with garlic butter. Place in a 350° preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes – or, until baguettes are browned and crispy..
- Ladle your hot soup into your Ramikins. Place Ramikins on a lifted edge cookie sheet. These can easily overflow. In fact, it's desired that they do! Just not today in my new oven..
- Place 2 toasted garlic Crustinis in each of your your Ramikins..
- Slice your Gruyère Cheese and place on top of your toasted Crustinis..
- Turn on your ovens broiler..
- Place Ramikins in oven for 5 minutes. Or, until your cheese is fully melted and browned..
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Allow dish to sit for 3 minutes. Then serve. Enjoy!.
Onions, broth, salt, and butter mingle in a slow magic that transforms them into a wildly luxurious bowl of silky onions and dark broth. Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. Our Slow Cooker Fresh Onion Soup is the reason that slow cookers were invented! Well, maybe not, but it's a no-fuss, hearty soup topped with French bread and creamy cheese.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food mike's french onion soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!