Classic French Onion Soup. An incredible, classic french onion soup made with delicious caramelized onions, fresh herbs, a flavorful broth. Topped with gruyere cheese and a toasted slice of garlic french bread. You'll make this one again and again!
In this video we look at the classic way of making a French onion soup step by step. Ingredients and recipe on my website: https No sugar, no flour, no spirit, vinegars or wines, just good quality butter, onions and beef or veal stock. to top it up of course you will have to use a French style baguette and. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, classic french onion soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
An incredible, classic french onion soup made with delicious caramelized onions, fresh herbs, a flavorful broth. Topped with gruyere cheese and a toasted slice of garlic french bread. You'll make this one again and again!
Classic French Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Classic French Onion Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have classic french onion soup using 10 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Classic French Onion Soup:
- Prepare 400 gram of white onions.
- Make ready 1 of dollop of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 300 ml of vegetable/chicken stock.
- Make ready as needed of Mixed Herbs.
- Take 1 of Bay leaf.
- Make ready to taste of Salt and crushed black pepper to season.
- Take 300-350 gm of grated gruyere/parmesan cheese.
- Get Slices of French Baguette to top.
- Get 2 tablespoon of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar/1.5 tablespoon white wine.
Classic French Onion Soup. to favorites. A classic restaurant dish that's so easy to prepare at home. The secret is in caramelizing the onions to bring out their natural sweetness. An easy and classic French Onion Soup recipe adapted from Julia Child's famous book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
Instructions to make Classic French Onion Soup:
- Peel and slice the onions thin and lengthwise.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add and sauté the onions on low heat.
- Keep stirring in between as the onions brown to avoid burning them.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil in another vessel and add the herbs and Bay leaf.
- Strain the stick after 3-4 minutes.
- Once visibly brown, add the flour and mix for a few seconds.
- Next goes in the cider vinegar/ wine.
- Add and sauté the onions for a few seconds.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow the soup to simmer while you season it with salt and pepper.
- Mix and take off heat.
- Spoon the soup equally into oven safe bowls.
- Top with baguette slices and spread a generous amount of cheese covering the surface well.
- Microwave till the cheese melts / even browns a bit.
- Let the bowl cool off slightly till you can handle it.
- Serve while the soup is warm. Enjoy!.
- Watch full recipe video at: https://youtu.be/yWb4ygzX77I.
It was a Saturday evening and we'd just. Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I often suggest additions or subtractions to a recipe, but here I suggest you stick with the recipe as is. I've made this recipe many times exactly as. Learn how to make French onion soup with this classic French onion soup recipe!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food classic french onion soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!