French Onion & Beef Soup. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with. A French Onion Soup recipe we heard you say!? No problem, French Guy Cooking to the rescue.
With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French Onion Soup is probably one of the most epic soups in this whole wide world. And yet, the soup itself is made with very few core ingredients: butter, onions, flour and stock/broth.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, french onion & beef soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with. A French Onion Soup recipe we heard you say!? No problem, French Guy Cooking to the rescue.
French Onion & Beef Soup is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. French Onion & Beef Soup is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook french onion & beef soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion & Beef Soup:
- Prepare 1 of Large (2 lb.) London Broil.
- Make ready 3 of Yellow Onions.
- Prepare 3 of Sweet Onions.
- Take 2 of Red Onions.
- Get 2 of Shallots.
- Make ready 4 oz. of Sliced Mushrooms.
- Make ready 64 oz. of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Marsala Cooking Wine.
- Take 1 Tbsp of Garlic minced.
- Get 4-5 of Bay Leaves.
- Take 6 Tbsp of Butter.
- Get of Olive Oil.
- Get of Gruyere Cheese (or Aged Swiss).
- Make ready of Parmesan Cheese.
- Get 1 of Baguette.
French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking. Did you really think basic soup was going to cut it for us? French Onion Soup is made with caramelized onions, beef broth, white wine, bay leaves and thyme, thus French + Onion + Soup! It is unclear when the cheesy bread crouton was added but it has.
Steps to make French Onion & Beef Soup:
- Slow cook (Crockpot) London Broil in 64 oz. Beef Stock until fall apart tender. Pull beef in broth..
- Sauté Onions in butter and generous amount of Olive Oil and Marsala Wine until browned, soft and translucent. 45-60 minutes. Add Garlic & Mushrooms and stir. Add Bay Leaves and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Remove Bay Leaves. Add Beef and broth. Stir well to mix onion mixture, beef and broth..
- Fill ceramic Crocks with soup. Place toasted cuts of baguette over soup, top with generous portions of gruyere and finish with sprinkles of Parmesan. Toast under broiler until cheese is bubbling and golden..
Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. Classic French onion soup, similar to one you can get in a restaurant. Made with wine and sherry to bring out the beef flavor of the broth. Two different cheeses top it off to give it that bubbly, browned.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food french onion & beef soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!