French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup. Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I've been trying to perfect the onion soup for years, and this recipe served as a perfect base. I try onion soup every chance i get, and I still say mine is.
Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. The onions should be really golden, full of flavour and soft when pinched between your fingers.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, french traditional recipe onion soup. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I've been trying to perfect the onion soup for years, and this recipe served as a perfect base. I try onion soup every chance i get, and I still say mine is.
French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have french traditional recipe onion soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup:
- Make ready 6 of large and sweet onions.
- Get 30 ml (1 oz) of extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoons).
- Make ready 60 g (2 oz) of butter.
- Make ready 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 (70 oz.) of Liters of meat broth.
- Get 12 slices of baguette bread.
- Get 3 tablespoons of wheat flour.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Take of Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 30 ml (1 oz) of brandy or cognac.
- Take 120 g (4 oz) of soft grated cheese (Gruyère type).
Take care towards the end to ensure that they don't burn. French Onion Soup made from scratch with caramelised onions and topped with the essential cheesy toast. French Onion Soup is probably one of the most epic soups in this whole wide world. And yet, the soup itself is made with very few core ingredients: butter, onions, flour and stock/broth.
Instructions to make French Traditional Recipe Onion Soup:
- In this Onion French Soup we must use sweet onions, we will find them in any market. If another type of onion is used but the flavor will no longer be equally soft and sweet.
- Peel the sweet onions and cut them into julienne (lengthwise and thinly sliced). we put them in a bowl..
- We choose a large casserole, heat the oil in the bottom of the casserole. We add butter, which is the true basis of this French soup..
- When it has melted and mixed with the olive oil, add the onions and finely chopped garlic.
- If we have not used sweet onions, add a spoonful of sugar. Sprinkle the flour in the pan and stir gently to mix well. The effect of the flour with the onion and especially the butter is called Roux, it will help us to bind and thicken the soup..
- Add the brandy and let 2 minutes evaporate to the alcohol..
- We introduce the broth that could be meat, vegetables or chicken. Bring all these ingredients to a boil for 15-20 minutes over a very low heat. Cut the bread into thin slices and toast them lightl.
- Onion French Soup, is a liquid soup but it can be transformed into creamy. It adds a little starch that gives a texture between soup and cream. A recipe worthy of both a first course and a main one in a simple and special dinner for cold nights.
A French Onion Soup recipe we heard you say!? No problem, French Guy Cooking to the rescue. Sweet onions, melted cheese and finished with a gnarly top, this. This french onion soup recipe is made with perfectly caramelized onions, fresh thyme sprigs, crusty baguette slices and two It's just your classic, traditional French onion soup. With the most perfect caramelized onions in a cozy stock with fresh thyme sprigs, finished off with crusty French baguette.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food french traditional recipe onion soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!