Crusty French Baguette Recipe. Look no further than this easy baguette recipe. A traditional French baguette is made of flour, water, yeast and salt. This classic French baguette recipe breaks down the step-by-step process to achieve artisan homemade baguettes!
Baking your own baguette is less involved than you might think. Kneading the dough only takes a few minutes, most of the time is hands off. Baguettes may just may be my very favorite form of the ever multifarious bread dough.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, crusty french baguette recipe. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Crusty French Baguette Recipe is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Crusty French Baguette Recipe is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Look no further than this easy baguette recipe. A traditional French baguette is made of flour, water, yeast and salt. This classic French baguette recipe breaks down the step-by-step process to achieve artisan homemade baguettes!
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have crusty french baguette recipe using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Crusty French Baguette Recipe:
- Prepare 2 of yeast envelopes dry active (1 1/2 tbl).
- Make ready 3 of honey tbl.
- Take of water warm.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Get 2 tsps of salt.
- Prepare of olive oil greasing for bowl.
- Get of semolina flour cornmeal baguette or for dusting.
- Take 2 cups of ice cubes.
It has only recently been topped when I found this convenient way of cutting them into epis. There's no more need for a knife since you can just break off a segment! Who doesn't love more instantaneous access to. Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at www.thekitchenwhisperer.net.
Steps to make Crusty French Baguette Recipe:
- Microwave 1/2 cup water for 30 seconds. Mix honey and yeast Into warm water. Let stand for at least 5 minutes until yeast is activated and starts to foam.
- Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl with a dough hook. Add the yeast mixture..
- Gradually add 1 cup warm water until dough comes together in a ball that isn't too wet..
- Kneed for 2-6 mins until smooth and elastic..
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl in a warm place until doubled in size (aprox 30 mins).
- Punch dough down and divide it in half..
- Shape the halves into 2 baguettes by making each a flat rectagle and folding in half, and in half again. Stretch into a baguette shape..
- Dust with Semolina flour or cornmeal. Place the baguettes on a baking sheet lined with a baking mat..
- Deeply slit the tops..
- Let rise again for about 30 mins until doubled in size. Cover with a clean towel..
- Position oven racks with one on the bottom with an oven safe (non-glass) pan on it, and the other oven rack in the middle.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove the towel from the dough after it has risen for the second time, and place on the middle oven rack..
- In the bottom oven rack, put the ice cubes in the pan and quickly shut the oven door. (this creates the crispy crust).
- Bake until golden, about 15 – 20 mins..
This is an excellent recipe for French bread/baguettes. I use my KitchenAid and follow standard bread making procedures. TIPS/TRICKS for French bread I've learned over the years: Do NOT add the salt with the flour. Making French baguettes at home isn't exactly quick and easy, but you'll be rewarded with incredibly fresh, crusty loaves—without having to go to Paris to get them. The classic French baguette might take a lifetime to master, but you don't have time for that.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food crusty french baguette recipe recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!