Schnitzel. Traditional schnitzel is made of veal and is known as weiner schnitzel. But this recipe is accurately named as it a recipe using cutlets. I have also used a similar recipe to make what I call chicken schnitzel.
A schnitzel is a thin slice of meat (or a vegetarian alternative, like cheese) fried in fat. The meat is usually thinned by pounding with a meat tenderizer. Most commonly, the meats are breaded before frying.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, schnitzel. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Traditional schnitzel is made of veal and is known as weiner schnitzel. But this recipe is accurately named as it a recipe using cutlets. I have also used a similar recipe to make what I call chicken schnitzel.
Schnitzel is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Schnitzel is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook schnitzel using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Schnitzel:
- Take 2 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Water.
- Take 6 of Boneless pork loin chops.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter.
- Take 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil.
- Take 4 cups of Panko bread crumbs.
The breaded schnitzel is popular in many countries and made using veal, pork, chicken, mutton, beef, turkey, cheese or textured vegetable protein as a vegetarian or vegan alternative. Get Pork Schnitzel Recipe from Food Network. One of the most common sauces is a creamy mushroom gravy. I'm German and hope you can understand my English description.
Instructions to make Schnitzel:
- Place flour and crumbs in separate shallow dishes.
- Beat the eggs and water together in a separate shallow dish.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- To bread each cutlet place first in flour, then egg, then panko crumbs.
- In a large saute pan heat the oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the breaded schnitzel, pan fry until golden brown then flip.
- When the second side is golden remove from pan and set aside on paper towels to drain while you cook the other schnitzels.
Translation of the name: 'Wiener' this word comes from the word 'Wien', which is the Austrian city called Vienna. 'Schnitzel' means basically meat in a crust. I'm German and hope you can understand my English description. Schnitzel can be made with pork, veal, chicken, beef or turkey. So use whatever meat you want. If you're after a traditional German schnitzel, use pork.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food schnitzel recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!