My Family's Oden Hot Pot. Oden is a comforting Japanese winter food with fish cakes, egg, octopus, and fish balls in a flavorful dashi. Oden is a one-pot dish, which is a little bit different from stew or hot pot. It's more like a simmered dish: assorted fish balls, fish cakes, Atsuage (deep-fried tofu), hard-boiled eggs, konnyaku.
Oden is a kind of hot pot consisting of daikon, potatoes, eggs, Konbu (kelp), konnyaku, and different types of fish cakes, simmered in lightly I have never tried the assorted oden ingredients pack as I always had to make a large quantity of oden for my family. Even now without my children living with. Oden is a Japanese hot pot dish in which ingredients are slowly simmered in a soy sauce based soup.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, my family's oden hot pot. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Oden is a comforting Japanese winter food with fish cakes, egg, octopus, and fish balls in a flavorful dashi. Oden is a one-pot dish, which is a little bit different from stew or hot pot. It's more like a simmered dish: assorted fish balls, fish cakes, Atsuage (deep-fried tofu), hard-boiled eggs, konnyaku.
My Family's Oden Hot Pot is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. My Family's Oden Hot Pot is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have my family's oden hot pot using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make My Family's Oden Hot Pot:
- Take of Eggs.
- Take of Wiener sausages.
- Make ready of Chicken wings.
- Take of Konnyaku.
- Get of Daikon radish.
- Make ready of Mochi kinchaku.
- Make ready of Atsuage.
- Get of Meatballs.
- Get of Your favorite fish cakes.
- Get of Chikuwa.
- Prepare of Hiraten flat fish cakes.
- Make ready of Fried fish cake with burdock root.
- Get of Tri-coloured fish cake balls.
- Make ready of Oden soup.
- Get of Water.
- Get of Usukuchi soy sauce.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- Make ready of Mirin.
- Take of Sake.
- Make ready of Salt.
- Make ready of Japanese dashi stock powder sachets.
- Prepare of (to taste)! Love.
It's typically considered a winter dish in Japan and usually appears around September or October. Warm, filling and tasty, there are all kinds of oden experiences to be had. Oden is a Japanese one-pot dish in which ingredients are slowly simmered in soy sauce based soup. It's a typical Japanese winter dish.
Steps to make My Family's Oden Hot Pot:
- Boil the eggs and peel the shells..
- Slice the daikon radish to 3 cm and round off the edges. Make crisscross incisions on the surface (for the soup to absorb easily)..
- Transfer the daikon to a plate and sprinkle water over with your hand. Cover with cling film loosely and microwave for 8 minutes (this process is for parboiling)..
- Make rough incisions with a fork on the surface of konnyaku, following "Yusu's" instructions. She's a genius..
- Punch the konnyaku surface with your fist (to soften and let it absorb more soup). Do not punch too far though..
- Cut the konnyaku like this and blanch quickly (to get rid of its particular smell)..
- Make incisions on the chicken wings..
- Put the chicken wings under the grill. I like them, so I use a lot..
- Brown like this. The excess fat will drip off..
- Put all the fish cakes in a colander. There should be a lot..
- Pour hot water to drain excess oil. Be careful not to burn yourself!.
- Arrange the prepared ingredients in a large pot and add the dashi stock sachets (put the mochi kinchaku in last because it's very soft)..
- After 10 minutes, take out the dashi stock sachets. You can use dashi stock powder. In that case, use just one sachet..
- After bringing to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer slowly for 1 hour. Add the mochi kinchaku just before serving..
- Skewered octopus is nice for this hot pot. My children love them when they are tender..
Try making oden at home, using your favorite ingredients. A compilation of recipes and some inspiration for What To Bake Today. I grew up in a traditional Korean family and I love that I get to introduce my homeland's cuisine to you guys. · A winter stew or hot pot is a common theme across Asian countries during colder seasons. Word Families help kids to learn ʺfamiliesʺ of words that appear. Oden is a Japanese stew made with hard-boiled eggs, daikon, fish cakes and dashi soup as ingredients.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food my family's oden hot pot recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!