Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops. Mix the flour, salt, pepper to combine well. Heat a deep skillet or deep fryer with enough oil to cover pork chops. You can also just pan fry these and flip when golden brown on one side.
Some people like them fried hard and some don't. Tender and juicy and downright addictive, these Southern Fried Pork Chops Recipe is marinated in a spicy buttermilk, breaded in a flavorful flour dredge then pan fried until golden brown creating the ultimate crunch and deliciousness!! If you love these, you will adore my Fried Pork Chops and Gravy Smothered Pork Chops.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, southern deep fried pork chops. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops is something that I have loved my whole life.
Mix the flour, salt, pepper to combine well. Heat a deep skillet or deep fryer with enough oil to cover pork chops. You can also just pan fry these and flip when golden brown on one side.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook southern deep fried pork chops using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops:
- Take 8 of Bone in or boneless Pork Chops about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Take 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 tsp of ground black pepper (I like the course grind myself).
- Make ready of Egg or eggs beaten with cup or more milk. See note.
- Make ready 1 of Cajun seasoning of your choice (optional).
- Take 1 of oil for frying.
- Make ready of Note: Depending on number of pork chops, use enough egg and milk.
- Prepare of To dip chops in before dredging. May use 1 egg and less milk if.
- Take of Using smaller amount of chops.
A southern favorite, bone-in pork chops are simply seasoned, breaded and deep fried. Super yummy when served with a peppered milk gravy or a drizzle of honey mustard meat sauce. Southern Fried Pork Chops Fried pork chops are southern style comfort food, and when I've had a busy life going on, there's nothing better or easier. Sprinkle your soon to be fried pork chops with Cajun seasoning on both sides.
Steps to make Southern Deep Fried Pork Chops:
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper to combine well..
- Heat a deep skillet or deep fryer with enough oil to cover pork chops. You can also just pan fry these and flip when golden brown on one side..
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning(if using) on the pork chops on both sides..
- Dredge the coated chops in flour mixture..
- Beat the egg with milk or water and dip pork chop to coat both sides and return to flour mixture and evenly coat both sides well..
- Place battered pork chops on a cooling rack or baking sheet and let set to room temperature to let coating set. This helps keep the crust from falling off during frying..
- In hot oil, maybe medium to medium high heat, do not get to hot or to cool just to where you test it, it should start frying right away but not super hot..
- Take a couple of chops if pan in large enough to hold 2, carefully place chops into heated oil. If deep frying, you may have to flip, just keep an eye out to see when it is golden brown..
- If using skillet, fry on one side until golden brown and flip..
- Drain on cooling rack or paper towels to get rid of excess oil. May add more seasoning to taste when first out of oil..
- Repeat until all chops are cooked. Can be kept warm in 200°F oven until all are cooked or when your ready to serve..
- Serve with your choice of sides. Boneless ones are great on buttermilk biscuits for breakfast. If you have leftovers :).
Dip the pork chops into the buttermilk and then dredge in the flour. Southern Fried Pork Chops are sprinkled with seasoned salt, pepper & a little cayenne, if you want some spice, dredged in flour and pan fried until perfectly golden and delicious! This southern favorite is simple, but oh so scrumptious! Super good, light seasoning is just right So you can taste the meat, so many People blame a good recipe when they Burn or under cook ! Will try this with Individual ribs when were snowed from The bbq in the NH winter!
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food southern deep fried pork chops recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!