Another Southern Fried Chicken Recipe. This is a fabulous recipe, excellent tasting crispy chicken and doesn't take a rocket scientist to cook. I've finished the chicken in the oven, purely because you really do need a big fryer to do it properly, as well as for good temperature control. The Food Lab's Southern Fried Chicken Recipe.
Although I've shared a recipe for southern fried chicken a few years ago ( I still think it's better than Popeye's y'all!), I actually have another. Southern Fried Chicken – classic Southern chicken recipe that is crunchy and crusty on the outside and juicy and flavorful on the inside; infused And oh, don't forget to pair this with another Southern staple, Buttermilk Biscuits. Yes, they do make a perfect combo.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, another southern fried chicken recipe. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This is a fabulous recipe, excellent tasting crispy chicken and doesn't take a rocket scientist to cook. I've finished the chicken in the oven, purely because you really do need a big fryer to do it properly, as well as for good temperature control. The Food Lab's Southern Fried Chicken Recipe.
Another Southern Fried Chicken Recipe is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Another Southern Fried Chicken Recipe is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook another southern fried chicken recipe using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Another Southern Fried Chicken Recipe:
- Take 1 of whole fryer cut up… I save the thighs and backs for broth.
- Prepare 2 cup of buttermilk.
- Make ready 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Take 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of ground paprika.
- Take 3/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Take 2 tsp of season salt.
- Get 3 cup of flour.
- Prepare of ** if you only want to cook wings…
- Make ready 6 of chicken wings (my family likes wings only so i sometime just cook wings).
Now get ready and brace your jeans. Try this fried chicken recipe and get more comfort food recipes and ideas from Food.com. Sprinkle chicken generously on both sides with seasoning blend. Drop a few chicken pieces of chicken into.
Steps to make Another Southern Fried Chicken Recipe:
- Soak chicken in buttermilk for about 2 hours, this helps chicken stay moist and tender.
- Put chicken in a mixing bowl. add the spices.. mix chicken and spices by hand and let sit while u season flour..
- You can put flour in paper bag or bowl. add 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t pepper, 1/2 t garlic powder..
- Shake bag to mix flour. put 2 pieces of chicken in bag at a time and shake to coat.. place coated wings on newspaper until you are ready to fry it..
- Put oil in skillet (I love cast iron). turn skillet on Med high until oil is hot. to check if it is ready put a pinch of flour in the oil and see if it sizzles or fries..
- Start placing pieces of chicken in grease. IF THE GREASE IS NOT HOT ENOUGH THE CHICKEN WILL ABSORB OIL AND B SOGGY!!!.
- After the skillet is full, turn skillet to Med and cover..
- (my mom's secret) allow chicken to cook for 15 minutes on that side undisturbed. for thick chicken breast turn chicken over and cook for another 15 minutes. for wings fry about 10-12 min each side..
- I drain mine on newspaper but put a towel over it to allow moisture to stay in it..
Southern Tricks for Perfect Crispy Fried Chicken. Fried chicken is one of those dishes that is simple in design, but can easily fall apart in execution. Another way to boost flavor is in the crust. Preparation Cut chicken in eight pieces. Season well with salt and pepper.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food another southern fried chicken recipe recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!