Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and less of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A piece of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for treats between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a quick snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for lunch. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be great for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Whole grains are generally better than processed grains found in white bread.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spanakopita/ greek spinach and feta pie recipe. To cook spanakopita/ greek spinach and feta pie you only need 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie:
- Use 10 of scallions.
- Take 3 lb of spinach, stalks removed and chopped.
- Take 1 of large onion, diced.
- Take 1/2 bunch of dill, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 lb of feta, crumbled.
- Get of salt and pepper.
- Use 3 of eggs, beaten.
- Get 1 of phyllo dough.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
Instructions to make Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Rinse spinach well, and blanch for 1 minute. Drain and then squeeze out as much water as possible. Set aside in a large bowl..
- Sautée onions and scallions till translucent. Add parsley and dill towards end. Leave for additional few minutes till fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Beat eggs and crumble the feta..
- Combine spinach with feta, egg, herb/onion mix and mix ingredients well. Brush a baking sheet with oil and roll out phyllo dough. I recommend buying the thicker sheets..
- Spread the spinach filling on top evenly. Cover with second sheet of phyllo. Tuck over hanging phyllo under the bottom sheet. Brush top sheet with oil and sprinkle lightly with water. Bake for approximately one hour..
The authentic recipe for spanakopita, the tasty and healthy Greek staple. Spinach cooked with herbs and feta cheese covered with crunchy phyllo. Traditional Greek spanakopita (spinach and feta cheese pie) by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis. Gently lay it out over the pie, turn the edges over with your fingers and gently tuck them in all the way around. Score the surface with a sharp knife and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
If you find this Spanakopita/ Greek Spinach and Feta Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.