Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Spanakopita with Feta (Spinach Pie with Feta Cheese) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spanakopita with Feta (Spinach Pie with Feta Cheese) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Power.
Healthy and balanced eating promotes a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more balanced feeling. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
Have a shot at eating almonds unless you are afflicted by nut allergies. Almonds provide a multitude of health benefits and are an excellent choice when you need a shot of energy. Several nutritional vitamins are located in these wonderful nuts. Tryptophan, an enzyme also present in turkey that causes drowsiness, is available in almonds. Having said that, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Rather, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Almonds typically give you a general increased a feeling of well-being.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spanakopita with feta (spinach pie with feta cheese) recipe. To cook spanakopita with feta (spinach pie with feta cheese) you need 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Spanakopita with Feta (Spinach Pie with Feta Cheese):
- You need 1 of kilo Spinach rinsed.
- Use 1/2 cup of Dill.
- Take 1/2 cup of Parsley.
- Take 1/2 cup of Olive Oil.
- Use 2 of Medium size Onions diced.
- Prepare 1 of Large Leek chopped (I prefer using Leek).
- Use 1 1/2 cup of Feta Cheese crumbled.
- Use 1/2 cup of Short White Grain Rice.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- Provide 1 package of Phyllo Sheets or 2 Phyllo Dough.
- Get 1 cup of Milk.
- Provide 3 of Eggs.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon (optional).
- Get of Salt.
- Use of Pepper.
Steps to make Spanakopita with Feta (Spinach Pie with Feta Cheese):
- Take a large sauce pan and saute with olive oil the onions, and or leek, stir for a few minutes and add into the onions the spinach, dill, parsley, rice and stir. Toss in salt, pepper, sugar and cinnamon and let this boil for about 1/2 hour on low heat. Once the mixture is done, take a large bowl pour in the spinach mixture and let this cool off for a while. Add in to cooled of spinach mixture the milk, the eggs, olive oil and feta cheese. Mix and set aside..
- Start to add into a greased baking pan, one oiled brushed sheet at a time. Once half have been placed in the pan, add in the spinach mixture, then fold overhanging phyllo sheets inwards. Continue the process, when you have reached the last sheet brush oil and seal phyllo into pan..
- Baked at 180 degrees and until golden brown. Spanakopita can be eaten either hot or cold..
Spanakopita meaning "spinach pie", is a Greek savory pastry, typically with spinach and feta cheese filling. It is similar to the börek pastry of other eastern Mediterranean cultures. The traditional filling comprises chopped spinach, feta cheese, onions or scallions, egg, and seasoning. To a bowl, add the ricotta, chopped frozen spinach, feta cheese, chopped green onion, beaten eggs, dill, and pepper, and stir to combine. Spanakopita can also be made with other greens, such as dandelion or chard, in place of spinach.
If you find this Spanakopita with Feta (Spinach Pie with Feta Cheese) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.